Question about GE Profile JTP18 Electric Single Oven
Cleaned oven, bottom element not heating up, broil element does but there is a buzzing sound. Does something need to be reset after cleaning the oven? There is a F3 error when you start the on touchpad.
This F-3 is concerning a Open oven temperature
sensor (circuit) (over 2700 ohms) or, shorted oven temperature
sensor. Could be a result of:
· contamination on terminals
· pinched wire in oven temperature sensor circuit
· cold solder joint on control.
· Disconnect power to range and remove oven temperature sensor connector from control.
· Measure oven temperature sensor resistance at oven temperature sensor connector (take care not to damage terminals in block) - Should read 1100 ohms at room temperature (approx 72 degrees F).
· Measure each oven temperature sensor lead from connector block to ground. If shorted, look for pinched or cut wire in oven temperature sensor circuit.
· Check connector terminals - Look for deformed or corrosion on terminals. Repair or replace.
If all above is ok replace control.
Posted on Jun 17, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2017 | Ovens
Jan 28, 2016 | Frigidaire Ovens
Oct 28, 2015 | Ovens
Nov 22, 2014 | GE Profile JT952 Electric Double Oven
Nov 12, 2013 | Whirlpool 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Apr 20, 2011 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Jan 26, 2011 | Frigidaire Ovens
Oct 11, 2010 | GE Profile JTP56 Electric Double Oven
Mar 29, 2010 | Ovens
May 27, 2009 | Ovens
276 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: