Question about GE Profile JTP18 Electric Single Oven
Cleaned oven, bottom element not heating up, broil element does but there is a buzzing sound. Does something need to be reset after cleaning the oven? There is a F3 error when you start the on touchpad.
This F-3 is concerning a Open oven temperature
sensor (circuit) (over 2700 ohms) or, shorted oven temperature
sensor. Could be a result of:
· contamination on terminals
· pinched wire in oven temperature sensor circuit
· cold solder joint on control.
· Disconnect power to range and remove oven temperature sensor connector from control.
· Measure oven temperature sensor resistance at oven temperature sensor connector (take care not to damage terminals in block) - Should read 1100 ohms at room temperature (approx 72 degrees F).
· Measure each oven temperature sensor lead from connector block to ground. If shorted, look for pinched or cut wire in oven temperature sensor circuit.
· Check connector terminals - Look for deformed or corrosion on terminals. Repair or replace.
If all above is ok replace control.
Posted on Jun 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 28, 2016 | Frigidaire Ovens
Oct 28, 2015 | Ovens
Nov 22, 2014 | GE Profile JT952 Electric Double Oven
Nov 12, 2013 | Whirlpool 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Apr 20, 2011 | Kenmore 40494 / 40495 / 40499 Electric...
Jan 26, 2011 | Frigidaire Ovens
Oct 11, 2010 | GE Profile JTP56 Electric Double Oven
Mar 29, 2010 | Ovens
May 27, 2009 | Ovens
276 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: