Question about Car Audio & Video
I need the unlocking security code for AWA ford in car stereo, 1990 capri.
I had a flat battery and the stero is now locked !
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Radio Code for 1990 Ford Capri
Check the Owners Manual if you have it, as most dealerships write the radio code in the manual.
If the radio is the original that came with the car, then you should be able to ring any Ford Dealership and give them the VIN/Chassis No. and they will be able to trace the code for you.
Failing that - you may have to have the code reset, and most car radio specialists can do that for you, I believe. Try ringing Strathfields, or Audiocom, or AudioOne, etc.
Posted on May 20, 2008
Here's another variation that worked for me just two days ago... you DO NOT NEED to take it to the dealer and you do NOT need to disconnect the battery, this can all be done with a couple clicks on your radio and call into that phone number.
This was posted previously on another post. ....
01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
04. Press the AM/FM button
05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are from STEP 05
07. Call 1 800 537 5140
08. Press 1 then #. You’ll hear Invalid Code, try again
09. Press 139010 then #. You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by *
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then *
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC Hope this works, Good luck. Leadispenser
Your radio is now un-locked and usable
Posted on Aug 27, 2008
Sometimes dealers will write the code in the covers of the owners manual. Sometimes it is stamped on top of the radio. The dealer will give it to you, but not for free.
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
Contact a subaru dealer for assistance and if they need s/n off the stereo, then remove it yourself and save the diagnostics fee. If they want to charge for the code, search the web for free anti-theft code information or use radio-code.com
Posted on Jun 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 27, 2010 | Car Audio & Video
Nov 05, 2010 | 2008 Ford Escape
Aug 17, 2010 | 1997 Honda Accord
Jul 01, 2010 | 2001 Ford Mustang
May 16, 2010 | Kenwood 2005 KDC-MP5028 CD/MP3...
Jan 23, 2010 | 1997 Saab 9000
Dec 15, 2009 | 2000 Saturn SL
Mar 07, 2008 | Car Audio & Video
Aug 20, 2018 | BOSS AUDIO SYSTEMS Car Audio & Video
194 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!