Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
It tells me to cancel printing and turn off the printer, I check and there is nothing in the que turn it on - same issue
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Error 1203
The error 1203 error message on the operator panel could indicate a problem with one of the ink cartridges. Please follow the steps given below:
1. Please make sure the All-In-One is powered on.
2. Pull the control panel towards you, and then open the cartridge access door. The print cartridge carrier moves and stops at the loading position.
3. Pull the old cartridges towards you, and then lift them out.
4. With the cartridges out of the printer, shut the access door and the control panel.
5. Power the printer OFF and then back ON.
6. Please check the operator panel to see if the same error has returned or if a new message has appeared.
7. If the message displayed is 1203, there is something wrong with the printer hardware.
If the message now displaying is Cartridge Missing, do the following:
1. Reinstall the cartridges into the printer.
2. Insert the color cartridge in the left carrier. Insert the black cartridge in the right carrier.
3. Push back firmly on the cartridges until they snap securely into place.
4. Close the cartridge access door, and then close the control panel.
5. If the 1203 message is still present on the operator panel, you need to insert one cartridge at a time to determine which cartridge is producing the failure.
6. With one cartridge in the carrier, close the access door and control panel.
7. Please check the operator panel. If the 1203 error is displayed, this cartridge is the defective item. If the Cartridge Missing message is displayed, the second cartridge is producing the failure.
8. Please replace the defective cartridge.
Posted on May 23, 2009
You need to carefully clean the encoder strip. It's the clear strip behind the carriage that runs all the way from right to left. A damp Q-tip should remove any grease or fingerprints.
Posted on Jul 16, 2009
5100 is a carriage error, make sure there is no paper stopping the carriage from moving right to left, and then clean the encoder strip, behind the carriage, carefully with a damp Q-tip. Usually grease gets on the strip and gives you that error.
Posted on Jul 27, 2009
You need to carefully clean the encoder strip. It's the clear strip behind the carriage that runs all the way from right to left. A damp Q-tip should remove any grease or fingerprints. that should solve it!!
Posted on Mar 22, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 17, 2015 | Canon PIXMA Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 02, 2015 | Canon MP280 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 30, 2014 | Cannon Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 15, 2013 | Canon PIXMA MX860 OFFICE AIO-2.5IN LCD...
Jan 07, 2013 | Canon PIXMA MP230 Multifunction color...
Dec 08, 2010 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 07, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP620 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 16, 2009 | Canon Pixma MP480 All-In-One InkJet...
115 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!