- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Have you checked your speaker wiring as it could be you have some wires crossed ie: negative feeding the positive side causing the shut down & check the Ohms if at high volume you are trying to drag to many Ohms it will also cause the built in amp to shut down to protect the system dont keep incresing the volume as the strain will do damage
This sounds like the cooling fan has failed, that's what causes the amp to shut down, because if it didn't, it would over heat, that's why the amp shuts off for safety of fire, because the cooling fan only operates in high volumes only, so I recommend replacing the cooling fan, because that's what's the cause, make so sure you order the right correct fan.
Problem could be that you need to upgrade your battery, do the "big 3" wiring by a professional. Get a kinetic 1200 or bigger to replace your stock battery, drive your car for 5 or 10 miles, and watch your amp not shut down. People just dont do the big 3, and they think their stock lead acid will hold 13 volts after the power is shut off. LOL. KINETIC.
The receiver may be too under powered for your speakers or the speaker ohm's may not be matched for your amp.
The reason it is shutting off is likely because the amp is becoming overloaded. At lower volumes the amp can handle the load of the speakers, but at higher volumes the power supply of the amp can't keep up with the power demand the speakers are pulling.
If you were previously able to turn the reciever high without turning off, then there is likley something wrong with the amp or possibly a blown speaker.
Try measuring the resistance of the speakers if you have access to a multimeter. They should normally read 8 ohms for home speakers, but some common home speaker impedances in order from (I'm assuming) most common to least common are are 8, 4, 2(bose), and sometimes 10 or 12 ohms. The lower the number of ohms, the more power the amp will need to put to the speakers and the more chance you could be overloading your amp.
That may be a clue to your shutdown problem. Disconnect that speaker and see if the unit still shuts down. If it does not, then there is a problem with this speaker,or the wiring going to this speaker. If the unit still shuts down, disconnect each speaker at a time to see where the problem is. If none of the speakers seem to cause the shutdown problem, there is na major fauly in the amp circuit, so the amp will need serviceing or replacement. Good Luck