- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3: S Pen stopped working on screen:
Hello. The S Pen is not powered by a battery per se. The screen on your phone generates a magnetic field. There's a coil inside the S Pen that captures energy from the field to power the pen.
1. Question are your S Pen options turned off? Settings>Controls>S Pen>
turn on Direct Pen Input turn on Air Command turn on Air View etc..
2. it could be the pen tip that is worn out and needs to be changed. Check the tip by pressing it into the pen with your finger.. if you feel the tip going into the pen too far, it's probably the tip that is broken or worn out. Some customers say buying new tips is too much trouble, and getting a new OEM Samsung S Pen made for your Note 3 is a safer option.
3. it could be the wacom digitizer screen that is having problems on your phone and needs to be fixed. If you had fixed the screen prior, it could mean the person who installed the replacement screen could have did a bad job.
4. if you are using a magnet closure case, try taking it off and then using your S Pen. Because the external case magnet can interrupt the magnetic field the S Pen uses for power rendering it useless, until you remove the magnetic closing case.. and then all should be well again.
5. You can do tests on Note 3's that are not carrier locked by dialing *#0*# (this is not a solution but it can help eliminate possibilities)
6. If you bought an Aftermarket knockoff S Pen, that's probably the problem right there. A lot of non OEM Samsung S Pen's have their own issues and work for only some things.
7. You can try fixing the sensitivity of the S Pen
8. Buy an original Samsung Galaxy S Pen. A Note 1, 2, 4, or Note 5 S Pen will work for your Note 3, but it may not fit inside the Note 3's internal compartment/holder. You can try buying a used one to save money, but be aware that you might have to change the tip
My guess is that the pen just needs the batteries replaced. You only change the tip when it wears out from drawing a lot. there sould be some software that lets you change the button configuration on the pen. look on the products webpage. should find some software to help you out
if you are willing to throw $30 at the problem then you can get a new pen to replace it but otherwise i have not seen a fix for this problem yet. I am experiencing the same problem. But while this tablet is nice I might suggest to get a newer one that has more surface area that you can write on since you are already spending money. you could also take apart the pen and see if you can fix the inner parts. if you are feeling brave/ you know what you are doing/ you just want to see what the inside looks like.
you need to reset the transmitter receiver and the item you changed the battery , the button to reset the mouse and the keyboard is on the bottom and you can use a pencil or pen tip to push the button first push the transceiver and then push the mouse, good strong batteries are the best.