Question about Video Cameras
I followed a forum post that explained how to reformat the disk to solve a storage problem, EXCEPT, I didn't check the link for the re-install software files until after I did the other steps. The link on the post is now dead due to Cisco not supporting the software anymore. (Model Flip UltraHD U2120-black/silver) So I'm looking for anyone willing to copy the files that are actually held ON your flip camera as now all I have is basically a useless USB stick in the shape of a Flip. Thanks to anyone who can liaise with me and share these files, possibly by dropbox. It's much appreciated.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Lost storage capacity
I had the same exact problem... then someone told me the fix... you have to "empty trash" on your computer (when the camcorder is plugged into your USB) - this will "empty" the trash on your computer, but also empty on your flip too...
I guess what happens when you delete all files from the "100 Video" file is that your camcorder moves all files into its own "trash" (on the device) - so the camera "shows" that there are no videos, but in reality, they are still on the flash memory on the device..
hope this makes sense and works for you.
Posted on Feb 23, 2009
Connect your flip video camcorder to your computer via the usb arm. you will find your video files in FLIPVIDEO(F:)->DCIM folder. Just copy your videos to your computer.
Posted on Aug 04, 2009
I found a fix that worked for mine.
It was doing the same thing, freezing at the "Flip" screen and would not turn off. I did the remove the batteries deal. It worked once but issue reoccured 2 months later and the battery fix didn't fix it.
What did fix it was...
With the camera off, hold down the Right Arrow button and the trash can button at the same time and turn the camera on.
A few seconds later, I was at the start recording screen!!
Posted on Aug 12, 2009
HERE IS WHAT FLIP VIDEO SENT FOR A FIX:
Thank you for contacting us.
We will need to try to uninstall and reinstall the FlipShare program on your Macintosh computer. To do this please try the following:
1. Please open your HD and in the search field type “3ivx”. Drag all 3ivx files into your trash can, and empty it. To uninstall FlipShare on your Mac, please go to MacIntosh HD > Library > Application > Support > Flip Video > FlipShare Uninstaller
2. Reboot the computer
If you are receiving the message, "Unable to update database file," when upgrading to FlipShare 5.6, there may be a corrupted file within your existing FlipShare database.
Please try the following to upgrade to the current version of FlipShare and import your videos into the application.
1. Copy your entire FlipShare Data folder onto your desktop or another drive
- the FlipShare Data folder can be found in "Username">Movies>Flip Share Data>
- ensure that you have copied all of the contents of the FlipShare Data folder and have secured a complete back-up of this file
2. Delete the FlipShare Data folder from your "Username">Movies>Flip Share Data>
3. Uninstall FlipShare
- MacIntosh HD > Library > Application Support > Pure Digital Technologies > FlipShare Uninstaller
4. Reboot your computer
5. Click on the link and follow the on-screen instructions to install FlipShare 5.6 onto your computer
For Macintosh systems (including Snow Leopard): http://download.theflip.com/update.theflip.com/app/fvsw/561/update/Setup_FlipShare.dmg
6. Once FlipShare 5.6 has fully installed, launch the program
7. Go to the Help directory and choose "Recover other FlipShare files..."
8. Click Proceed and select the Videos folder of the drive where you saved your FlipShare Data folder
- the FlipShare Data recovery tool will import your videos into FlipShare
Should the issue persist, please do not hesitate to contact us again so we may further troubleshoot.
Flip Video Support
Posted on Jul 18, 2010
connect your flip cam to your computer.openo c drive on your computer.open flip program.look for trash file.empty it.that will restore your full 2hr record time
Posted on Jul 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 11, 2017 | Video Cameras
Mar 01, 2011 | Flip Video Mino Camcorder
Dec 21, 2010 | Pure Digital Flip Video Camcorder
Oct 25, 2010 | Flip Video Cameras
May 26, 2010 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Apr 29, 2009 | Pure Digital Flip Mino Digital Camera
Mar 15, 2009 | Video Cameras
Feb 16, 2009 | Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Camcorder
Dec 25, 2008 | Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Camcorder
Dec 17, 2008 | Pure Digital Flip Video Ultra Camcorder
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: