Question about HP PhotoSmart Office Equipment & Supplies
Common problem on this equipement
do try this if you already cleaned head contact on cartridges with no success
1. Simultaneously press both the X button and the power button and hold
2. (NOT simultaneously) press BLUE button then GREEN button then GRAY button (in that order)
3. using blue (or grey) button, scroll-seek to the "information menu" - press OK button
4. press grey button once for "checksum for relock data input" - press OK button
5. press (X) repeatedly until you return to the normal main menu
Posted on Jan 17, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Install old cartriage, if you still have it, let the machine tell you that it is empty, then go through the install process with one of the new ones.
Posted on Dec 19, 2008
According to the HP website, the correct cartridge for the HP PSC950 is HP15 or HP78. Comes in black only or tri-color.
Posted on Dec 25, 2008
There is a small spring that holds the ink cartridge in the ink holder. You will see it stick out from the right hand side of the ink holder where the ink cartridge slides in. If that spring isn't being held to the ink holder by two plastic tabs, (I.E. the plastic tabs are broken) the printer will never recognize the cartridge. If the printer is still under warranty I would contact HP or an authorized repair center for HP. Both the black and color ink holder has this spring. I know of no way to repair this kind of breakage.
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
To replace the print cartridges
1. Make sure the HP All-in-One is on.
CAUTION: If the HP All-in-One is off when you open the print cartridge door to
access the print cartridges, the HP All-in-One will not release the cartridges for
changing. You might damage the HP All-in-One if the print cartridges are not
docked safely when you try to remove them.
2. Make sure you have letter or A4 unused plain white paper loaded in the input tray.
3. Open the print cartridge door.
The print carriage moves to the far right side of the HP All-in-One.
4. Wait until the print carriage is idle and silent, and then lightly press down on a print
cartridge to release it.
If you are replacing the tri-color print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from the
slot on the left.
If you are replacing the black or photo print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from
the slot on the right.
1 Print cartridge slot for the tri-color print cartridge
2 Print cartridge slot for the black and photo print cartridges
5. Pull the print cartridge toward you out of its slot.
6. If you are removing the black print cartridge in order to install the photo print cartridge,store the black print cartridge in the print cartridge protector or an airtight plastic container.
7. Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging and, being careful to touch only
the black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.
1 Copper-colored contacts
2 Plastic tape with pink pull tab (must be removed before installing)
3 Ink nozzles under tape
CAUTION: Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Touching
these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
8. Slide the new print cartridge forward into the empty slot. Then gently push the upper
part of the print cartridge forward until it clicks into the socket.
If you are installing the tri-color print cartridge, slide it into the left slot.
If you are installing a black or photo print cartridge, slide it into the right slot.
Work with print cartridges 69
Maintain the HP All-in-One
9. Close the print cartridge door.
If you installed a new print cartridge, the HP All-in-One prints a print cartridge
10. When prompted, ensure plain white paper is loaded in the input tray, then press the
button next to OK.
NOTE: If you have colored paper loaded in the input tray when you align the print
cartridges, the alignment will fail. Load unused plain white paper into the input
tray, and then try the alignment again.
11. Place the page print side down on the scanner glass and then press the button next
to OK to scan the page.
When the On
Please Don't forget to rate this solution. Thanks.
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
I had this same problem and by a luck I fixed it. Not sure if the method to the madness had anything to do with it, but I'll put it down in the order that I did everything.
1. reset to factory defaults
2. pulled all cartridges out. it prompted me to put color in first, then black. message was still blinking so i took out color and put it back in again.
3. i did the partial reset by holding down cancel and left arrow while i unplugged/replugged the printer.
4. no the printer started displaying "remove and check color cartridge" (or something to that degree)
5. i took out color cartridge, cleaned the contacts with water on towel, and replaced cartridge.
6. same message still being displayed, but it allowed me to print a maintenance report. so i then cleaned cartridges and aligned cartridges through standard menu.
7. msg still being displayed, so i turned off/on printer again. this time it came back up with no message at all.
8. printer now works
hope this helps and works for ya'll too!
Posted on Mar 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 30, 2011 | HP PhotoSmart C4480 All-in-One Printer ...
Dec 14, 2010 | HP PhotoSmart C4480 All-in-One Printer ...
Nov 10, 2010 | HP PhotoSmart C4480 All-in-One Printer ...
Feb 07, 2010 | HP PSC 1510 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 24, 2010 | HP PhotoSmart C4480 All-in-One Printer ...
Jul 04, 2009 | HP PhotoSmart C4480 All-in-One Printer ...
Jun 26, 2009 | HP Photosmart C4480 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 17, 2008 | HP PhotoSmart C4480 All-in-One Printer ...
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!