- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The power outage may have been accompanied with a power surge. That can happen with lightning strikes, or if a large inductor (electric motor or equivalent) happened to be on the same power line at the time of the outage. There's a good chance a surge took out the control panel.
it contains two fuses one of 10 Amps and other for 500mA.
Replace 10Amps fuse with same type and rating.Best thing is to take this fuse and show it to the sale person of electronic shop.
Before you touch any parts of the microwave oven please disconnect the mains power chord and never touch the main power capacitor as this contains very high voltage even after disconnection.
Hello if you have no power at the outlet, you may have saved your microwave. If the outlet is dead go to your house electrical panel and reset the breaker or replace the fuse. if the outlet is live and the microwave still won't power on you will have to choose between repair and replacement. Definitely get an estimate before agreeing to a repair as microwaves are very inexpensive today compared to even a couple of years ago.
Hello rarms1965... chances are that your microwave was the recipeint of a power surge during the power outage you mentioned.. there is no way of knowing what component took the brunt of a surge and it could very well be your magnetron tube, filament transformer of any number of control logic components.. The problem is that anytime you open the case to check things.. unless you know what to look for or even more so.. what NOT to touch ( High Voltage Capacitor comes to mind) you don't know what you are up against. If it isn't a real expesive model ( you didn't provide a brand or model with your inquiry).. then the cost to diagnose & repair could very well exceed teh cost to replace.. Your call.. but whatever you do.. be sure you KNOW what you are doing..
Good Luck my friend..
Is the outlet ok? Can you plug somethng else into the outlet to see if the fuse or breaker controlling the outlet is ok? If there is power at the outlet, unplug the unit and remove the outside cover.
Look for a blown fuse on the motherboard. Replace it with the EXACT value of the original fuse. You can purchase a new fuse at Radio Shack or hardware store or auto parts store. Try powering up the unit again and see if it works now or whether the fuse blows again. If it blows again, the power supply may have been damaged. Was this a power outage or surge? Was anything else in your home affected?