Question about Coby 40 TFTV4028 LCD TV
When tv is first plugged in it will come on, if you power it off it wont turn back on TFTv4025 coby
Unfortunately the coby company has gone out of business probably because they have produced an inferior product that has had many, many problems, many people are posting problems with these sets. it is better you just purchase a different brand of tv and leave this heartache causing product behind.
Posted on Jan 24, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I see so many here with no sound/nopicture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have to buyand try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.If set is opened at least look for puffed up and bad caps like in thisphoto.
Posted on May 27, 2012
There should be a direct short circuited component/s at its main power regulator board. Check for it. To get some information, http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/Pull up older posts.
Posted on Dec 03, 2013
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2016 | Coby Electronics Corporation Coby TFTV4025...
Jan 22, 2016 | Coby Televison & Video
Nov 13, 2015 | Coby TFTV4025 40" LCD TV 1920x1080, 60 Hz,...
Sep 22, 2015 | Coby TFTV4025 40" LCD TV 1920x1080, 60 Hz,...
Jun 04, 2015 | Coby Televison & Video
Aug 13, 2014 | Coby TFTV4025 40" LCD TV 1920x1080, 60 Hz,...
Dec 03, 2013 | Coby 40 TFTV4028 LCD TV
Jul 29, 2013 | Coby Electronics Corporation Coby TFTV4025...
208 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: