The problem you are experencing is with you control switches. The cheapest place i can find the switch is from searsparts direct. Here is a link to the webpage http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-elite-Parts/Range-Parts/Model-79046809991/0583/0124160/P0050380/00001?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=79046809991
You will see a diagram in the top left side of the page use it to locate the switches that are bad and order them from sears. You may also need the burners to check them you need a continutity tester.
1. Remove the burner from the socket
2. Take your test and touch one probe to each side of the burner.
3. If you have continunity then the burners are good
4. If not you will have to order burners as well.
Changing the switches:
1. Unplug the range
2. Remove the back panel where the switches are.
3. Remove the knob from the front
4. Remove the screws from the switch you are replacing (Due one at a time)
5. Move the wires from the switch to the corresponding terminal on the new switch
6. Replace the switch and screw in place
7. Do the other switch
8. Reinstall the cover on the back of the unit
9. Plug in and try
Doing all of the above steps should fix the problem that you are having. Please make sure that you install L1 to L1 and L2 to L2 on the new switch other wise you will cross wire it and the rest of the switches will short and need to be replaced.
Thank you for choosing FixYa.com. If you have any other questions please post back to this thread and I will do my best to help you with your Range problem