Question about Cobra 29 LX
Have been trying aerials for fiberglass motorhome. Is need for ngp the problem?
Your problem is not very well described, but let me guess: while you transmit, SWR peaks shortly to a high value and then drops back sharply.
There are two possible reasons:
1) Strong radio transmission pulse somewhere very close to the antenna;
2) Bad contact between connector and coaxial cable somewhere between SWR meter and antenna. Points to check:
- Coaxial connector on the cable from SWR. Is it soldered properly?
- The coaxial cable: can you see mechanical damage, stress? If you find scratches, broken isolation, sharp bends, etc, try to replace the cable.
- Connection between coaxial cable and antenna (or connector): is it soldered properly, is it not corroded or mechanically damaged?
- Connections inside the antenna (if there are any such joints): look for corrosion and mechanical damage, also loose screws.
If you find multiple places of potential problem, go step by step from antenna towards the SWR meter: if the most distant problematic location is fixed and it still shows this strange behavior, go closer.
Rarely this could be a problem in the SWR meter itself. That can be identified if you replace antenna by a dummy load. Dummy load should never cause bad SWR "flashes" (unless it is mechanically broken, too).
Posted on Apr 01, 2014
I agree with OK4RM but he forgot to mention that the problem could be the fiberglass motor home , no ground plane , also how high does it peak to.As long as it doesn't swing to over 3.0 it won't hurt the radio.Its not great either.
Posted on Jun 28, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 23, 2016 | Radio Communications
Oct 16, 2014 | Radio Communications
Mar 10, 2013 | Cobra Radio Communications
Aug 07, 2011 | Galaxy Radios DX-93T Base CB Radio
Dec 22, 2010 | Midland 77-099 CB Radio
Nov 15, 2010 | Radio Communications
Oct 13, 2010 | Cobra 29 WX NW ST 40-Channels Base CB...
Jul 14, 2009 | Cobra 29 LTD CB Radio
Jul 05, 2009 | Superstar SS-3900EGHPA CB Radio
Aug 12, 2007 | Uniden PC78ELITE 40-Channels Base CB Radio
Dec 16, 2017 | Samsung Radio Communications
130 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: