Question about Taylor 9857 Electronic Digital Bathroom Scale
I got a low battery reading so I changed the 9 V battery and I continue to get a low battery reading. I have tried several new batteries but the message continues to show batt and it won't show weight anymore.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
hello. Definitely change the battery. Also make sure the scale is on a hard surface, not carpet.
please rate my answer as helpful. thank you.
Posted on Feb 23, 2010
Try to reset the unit. Use the following steps
- Open the battery compartment on the bottom of the scale. Push the tab on the door and lift the cover.
- Remove the battery from the compartment. Close the battery compartment door.
- Sit the scale right side up on a hard surface floor.
- Step on the scale and stand still on it for five to ten seconds. Step off the scale.
- Turn the scale over and open the battery compartment. Re-insert the battery. Close the battery compartment cover.
- Place the scale right side up on the hard surface floor.
- Press one foot on the scale until the display shows zeroes or dashes. Remove your foot.
- Wait for the scale to shut off by itself. When you step back onto the scale, it will be reset.
Hope this solution has been helpful?
Posted on Sep 02, 2010
I have the 9876 also. After 2-3 yrs it quit. W/ new battery it does the walking o's, then ERR1. I opened it and found that it uses a strain gauge, read by an MCU. The wires leading to the strain gauge were crushed between the top of the gauge and the plastic top cover. If I wiggle the wires I get a reading , but inaccurate. Then when they lose connection, there's no reading. Considering the slop in the metal links to the strain gauge, I don't consider it repairable.
Posted on Sep 30, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2016 | Night Home Security
Nov 26, 2015 | Cameras
Apr 03, 2014 | Precor EFX 546i Elliptical Version 4
Jan 06, 2013 | Kidde Firex I4618 Smoke Alarm W/battery...
Dec 15, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Sep 19, 2009 | Kitchen Appliances - Others
Aug 09, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Jul 16, 2009 | Canon PowerShot A75 Digital Camera
Jan 27, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Impala
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: