Question about Electrical Supplies
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Your gas pressure is too low and you may not have a large enough supply pipe. You need at least 10 inches of water column with the engine running to operate an LP vapor fueled engine. Because the engine is starving for fuel, its governor opens the throttle to WOT (so it goes to high revs) but there isn't any fuel to make horsepower with so the output voltage falls and the undervoltage alarm trips.
Posted on Dec 03, 2008
OC stands for Over Crank. How long does it take before the genset starts?
Posted on May 07, 2009
Can't search for a manual without model, type, serial, etc numbers...
A few things to take a look at:
1) Oil level / pressure sending unit. This is normally bypassed as long as the start switch is pressed. When engine starts, and switch is released, engine will die if sending unit is defective, or you are low on oil.
2) Exhaust temperature sensors. Older units were notorious for burning these up.
3) Cooling Water Temperature sensor. These cause trouble often, but mostly due to water pump impeller being eaten away by galvanic action and not able to pump water as effecively. End result is water temp higher than normal, which trips the switch, which kills the engine.
4) Alternator (generator) output not as it should. If output doesn't rise to proper level within a few seconds of engine start, the engine will be shut down.
5) Choke not working as it should
6) Bad fuel, bad fuel pump, clogged fuel filter.
Posted on Jun 12, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 28, 2016 | Kohler Electrical Supplies
Dec 29, 2014 | Electrical Supplies
Sep 30, 2014 | Kohler Electrical Supplies
Mar 28, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 19, 2013 | Kohler Electrical Supplies
Apr 03, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 10, 2012 | Kohler Electrical Supplies
May 26, 2010 | Kohler Electrical Supplies
May 07, 2010 | Electrical Supplies
Apr 20, 2009 | Electrical Supplies
51 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!