SAFELY REMOVING DOORS FOR SHIPPING
Good Morning Jill,
I see that you are trying to remove the doors on your Frigidaire refrigerator, model# FRS23R4A, for shipping purposes. Below are the instructions you will need to follow for both the refrigerator and freezer doors.
DOOR REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS:
If it is necessary to move the refrigerator through narrow doorways, follow these steps to remove the doors.
IMPORTANT: Before you begin, turn your freezer and fresh food controls to "O" and remove electrical power cord from the wall outlet. Remove any food from the door shelves.
1. Disconnect electrical supply.
2. Open both doors, then remove toe grille.
3. Close doors.
To Remove Refrigerator Door:
1. Remove top hinge cover screw on refrigerator door and remove cover.
2. Trace around hinge with soft lead pencil. This will make it easier to realign doors when they are replaced.
3. Remove top hinge and lift refrigerator door off bottom hinge pin. Set door aside.
4. Remove bottom hinge, if necessary.
5. Reverse this procedure to reinstall refrigerator door.
To Remove Freezer Door:
1. Disconnect water line coming from lower hinge of freezer door at connection located under front of freezer: Press outer ring against face of fitting, then pull to remove tube.
2. Remove top hinge cover screw on freezer door and remove cover.
3. Disconnect wiring harness connector plug at top hinge: place your thumbs on flat sides of each connector and bend both parts back and forth, then with firm grasp, pull both pieces apart.
4. Trace around hinge with soft lead pencil. This will make it easier to realign doors when they are replaced.
5. Remove top hinge, allowing wiring harness to pull through hinge and lift freezer door off of bottom hinge pin. Lay door down flat to avoid kinking water line.
6. Remove bottom hinge, if necessary.
7. Reverse this procedure to reinstall freezer door.
When both doors have been reinstalled, connect water line by inserting tube and push until mark touches face of fitting, replace toe grille and plug in electrical power cord. Turn both temperature controls to center position. Adjust settings as necessary. Hope this is helpful.
Mar 14, 2014 |
Frigidaire FRS23R4A Side by Side...