- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are issues with newer ipods not being 100%compatible with all devices. It is done intentionally by Apple to maximize their profits. For example, an FM transmitter charges and plays on one Ipod, but then a newer ipod will play with the FM transmitter, but the ipod display shows that it is incompatible and will not charge. Same issues with a docking station and a radio. All worked with three other ipods, but the newer ones either won't work or charge depending on the device. Even though ipods play with certain devices they may not charge them and vice versa. Thank Apple for that. I hope this helps and good luck!
Easy, I had this problem too. The reason it isn't playing is because its not in all the way. I was getting very frustrated with this, so I kept trying to push it onto the dock to get it all the way down.
1. Play a song on your ipod/iphone so you can hear it through the device.
2. Connect your ipod/iphone to the docking station(Bose) so that you hear the chime(This lets you know its charging).
3. Pick up the docking station and firmly press the ipod/iphone down on the connector.
4. Keep pressing it and wiggling around until you hear the music begin to play through the docking station.
It may take a few tries, but you will get it.
Hope this helped!
for some **** reason the new ipod nano (4th generation) does not support FireWire and therefore will not charge on any docking station that is a FireWire power sorce - which seems to be most of them out there!
have same problem so will end up charging from computer as docking station still plays the new nano, no point in buying new docking station just for sake of charging!