Question about Fujitsu fi-6230 Flatbed Scanner
The scanner will not scan when papers are placed in the chute
There is an option in the dialog box where you select the paper source either ADF (chute) or flatbed. The options differs depending whether you are using twain interface for scanning or isis.
You need to select the proper source. If the paper source is correct then, probably, the paper sensor in the chute unit is not operating properly.
Posted on Apr 21, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Did the light start blinking? Unplug the USB cable from the scanner, and replug.
Posted on Oct 28, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 04, 2014 | HP 8620 Inkjet Multifunction Printer -...
Dec 16, 2013 | Fujitsu fi-5750C Flatbed Scanner
Nov 26, 2013 | Fujitsu Fi6130z Sheetfed Scanner
Oct 02, 2013 | Fujitsu Office Equipment & Supplies
1. Do the documents satisfy paper specification?
2. Have the documents been jogged?
• Align the edge of documents for stable paper feeding.
• Remove documents with crease or dog-ear.
• Scanning different width of documents may cause skew and result in paper jam.
3. Are Chuter Unit (ADF paper chute),Guide P ASSY (Sheet guide), Feed roller cover (plate guide) and Brake roller cover installed correctly?
4. Clean the Feed rollers, Eject rollers,Plastic rollers, glass surface and paper feeding surface, and see if the error is
5. Replace Pick roller or Brake roller, and see if the error is resolved.Check the consumable counter from the TWAIN driver screen or from the built-in Maintenance mode. When the counter exceeds the values, replace Pick roller or Brake roller.
6. If the issue still persists, then you are recommended to contact the nearest Fujitsu service center for further assistance.
Hope the above information is helpful.
Thanks & regards,
May 03, 2013 | Fujitsu Office Equipment & Supplies
I am a Support Engineer with Xerox Scanners.
E8 is a Paper Jam error that could be caused by:
- paper crumpling during scan.
- paper is multi-feeding all at once instead of feeding separate.
- scanner continuously tries to feed after paper has fed through.
if the paper is crumpling during the scan, make sure the inside of the scanner is clear of any obstructions. use the paper guides in the ADF tray to keep the paper straight when feeding in.
if the paper is multifeeding while scanning, fan out the pages before inserting them into the scanner. if problem persists, try cleaning the rollers with rubbing alcohol and a lint free cloth.
if scanner tries to continually feed after the paper feeds through, the ADF tray will need to be reseated. open the scanner and remove the ADF tray at the top. line up the 4 keys at the bottom of the tray with the 4 corresponding key slots inside the scanner. push the tray back until it clicks into place.
We also have an extensive support site and knowledgebase at http://www.xeroxscanners.com/en/en/support/
If you continue to experience trouble, please feel free to contact us by calling 800-648-0410.
Xerox Scanners Support
Jan 28, 2013 | Xerox DocuMate 162 Pass-Through Scanner
Aug 13, 2012 | Fujitsu ScanSnap S510
Jun 01, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 20, 2007 | Canon DR-3080CII Path-Through Flatbed...
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: