- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) Is this a laptop or a desktop?
2) What OS are you running?
3) When was the last time that it booted successfully? Did anything change then? Did you upgrade the OS? Did you upgrade the software (firmware) on the processor (Intel or AMD)?
4) Do you see anything on the screen? Compaq logo? Boot options?
In fact, that is the troublshooting technique when your computer does not boot up, insert the recovery disk and allow it to reload. The reload shoud be on the screen, otherwise you have a bad monitor and that's a different subject..Now why it happened is what we need to work on..did you do anthing like download programs are anything prior to this happending? Let me know who the re-install goes...since its refurbished it could be anything at this point.. let me know if you have any quesitonsl
Please rate this solution.
Hi there The computer is going into power save mode, to resolve this go into the control panel and choose power options, set all the options to "never" and save, the monitor will now stay on while you watch your video's