- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Does your laptop work when you plug in a USB keyboard? When you startup the machine, do the keys respond (depending on your laptop, push the key to get into the system BIOS). If it allows you to get into the system BIOS, then it maybe a software issue.
F2 at system boot up to enter BIOS Settings and look for brightness
option and adjust it accordingly under "VIDEO - BRIGHTNESS. Use arrow
key to highlight VIDEO then BRIGHTNESS - Press ENTER.
Hope it helps! Good Luck! Thanks for using Fixya! CreativeTECH
First, try to find out if the issue is related with the hardware or software..
1. go to BIOS 2. press the alphabets which are not working (if you get beep the prob is related with software if not the prob is with hardware)
----------if its hardware related------
1. power drain by removing ac adapter, battery n other accesories connectd 2. go to BIOS n set it to BIOS default 3. check if its working in BIOS page which are not working in the desktop screen(if its not working, the prob is related with the hardware issue. it has to be given for service
--if the prob is related with the software--
1. power drain by removing ac adapter, battery n other accesories connectd 2. do system restore (all programs -> accessories -> system tools -> system restore) 3. try BIOS default 4. Update BIOS 5. Uninstall the drivers 6. restart 7.try system recovery
Is this a USB or PS/2 keyboard? If it is a PS/2 then the port that is integrated on the board is not working. If it is a USB, try plugging it into another USB port and see if it will work. If it does not work on either port then the ports on the system board are not working. It means u're having some malfunctions on the system board itself.
If it is a USB keyboard and it is that the USB ports integrated on the system board are not working, buy and install a PCI card with USB ports. It should work then.
I read somwhere that most motherboards have a third layer of conductors laminated in the middle of board.It could be possible that you are shorting out something there. Take the screws out and try it without the heatsink for a minute or so. Most big DUI stores sell plastic screws in their hardware areas. These will work no problem.
WOW THATS A GOOD ONE. IS YOUR KB ERROR REPORTING ON IN THE BIOS SETTING? YOU WERE NOT ABLE TO INSTALL OS YET RIGHT?/ KB WORKS IN THE BIOS? BUT DOESN.T WORK IN THE OS SETUP?IS THAT CORRECT? XP?MOTHERBOARD? YOU TRY F8? RETURN TO LASTYKLNOWN WORKING CIONFIOGS? ARW YOUR KB PORTS ENABLED IN THE BIOS?I NEVER ENCOUTERED THAT ONE.TRY TO F8 IT.IF NO WORK GIVE ME MORE INFO.