Question about ASUS VivoTab 32GB TF600T 10.1" Windows RT Tablet - Grey
Please note all below options are at your own risk and only applies to ASUS Vivotab TF600T.
Option 1: From within Windows RT:
1. Select PC Settings .. General
2. Scroll down to options - a. Refresh your PC or b. Reinstall Windows (see NOTE below) c. Reset from recovery disk. (see Options 2 & 3 below).
Option 2: If you have a saved recovery disk on an usb pendrive:
1. Shutdown your tablet.
2. Connect the recovery disk to your usb port on the keyboard.
3. Keep the volume down button pressed and power up your tablet.
4. Release the volume down button when the ASUS logo appears.
5. Recovery software on disk will start the recovery process.
6. Follow the prompts and choose your language / keyboard options.
7. Select Troubleshoot .. Advanced Options ..a. Refresh your PC or b. Reinstall Windows
NOTE: Selecting (b) will reset your PC to factory settings (so save all your data) and you'll also have to install all updates again - DO THIS ONLY AS A LAST RESORT!!!
Option 3: If you don't have a saved recovery disk:
1. Refer to below link and download the file vivort.rar (over 3.6 GB). Also read all relevant comments on that forum before you begin.
2. Insert a blank min. 8 GB usb disk in the PC you saved the file and open an elevated command prompt and enter 'diskpart' and then the below in this order:
a. list disk
b. select disk (no. of your usb drive only or wrong drive will get cleaned)
d. create partition primary
e. select partition 1
g. format fs=fat32
3. Extract/Copy the files to the root of the USB drive, not in a folder.
4. Follow steps 1 to 7 in Option 2 above.
Hope this helps someone.
Posted on Feb 26, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 31, 2014 | Tablets & eReaders
Dec 26, 2014 | Nextbook NEXT2 Touch Screen Android Tablet
Sep 28, 2014 | Tablets & eReaders
Oct 31, 2017 | ASUS VivoTab RT
Nov 19, 2013 | ASUS Tablets & eReaders
Feb 22, 2009 | Toshiba Portege R100 Tablet PC
67 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: