An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Computers & ... Master
Re: formula for perimeter
The base is one of the four sides, since you know that it has to have another side that is the same length you double it. So the base and the top are 30. Now you take the perimeter and subtract that so you have 80 minus 30 which leaves 50. This is split between the sides so one side is 25 and the other is the same. The dimensions are 15+15+25+25
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Since acre is a measure of area and feet is a measure of distance, you need to calculate the perimeter of a lot with an area of half an acre. Here are the formulas:
1. If the lot is a square (all 4 sides of equal length), multiply the length of one side by 4, to get the # of feet required to walk a half acre piece of land.
2. If the lot is rectangle: (heightx2)+(widthx2).
3. If the lot is a triangle, add up all three sides.
If that is a right rectangular prism Volume =14*12*3 c.f. For the area here is the formula. Total area of right rectangular prism =2*A_b +P_b*h A_b= area of base (take 14*12 feet squares) P_b is perimeter of base (14+12)*2 =52 ft. h is the height (3 ft) Lateral area =P_b*h=52*3 feet square Add all areas.
All triangles have three sides.
There are two main formulas that do not call on trigonometric ratios. The classic one:
1. You need the length of a base and it corresponding height (the length of the segment perpendicular to that base and passing through the vertex (summit) opposite to that base. Area=(1/2) * (measure of the base)*(measure of the height). The base and height must be expressed in the same unit.
Heron's Formula if you have the length of the three sides. Let those measures be a, b, and c.
Calculate the semi-perimeter p with p=(1/2)(a+b+c)
Use the formula depending on what is given If one side and vertical height from that side to the opposite vertex is given, use the formula 1/2 of basexheight If 3 sides of the triangle are given use the formula sq root of [ s(s-a)(s-b)(s-c)] where a,b, c are the 3 sides and s is semi- perimeter. Familiarise with formulae to solve Maths problems. If it is helpful, please give a rating. Have a nice day luciana44
This lot does not have the form or a regular quadrilateral (rectangle, square, parallelogram, etc.)
So you cannot calculate its area, you have to know exactly the shape it has.
With polygons, one usually cuts them into triangles.
You have to cut it into two triangles,
measure the base and the height of each triangle,
use the area formula for the triangle ( area = heightX base/2)
After you calculate the areas of both triangles, you add them to get the area of the the whole lot in ft^2.
Using the conversion formula between acres and ft^2 which is 1 acre=43560 ft^2, you divide the area of the lot in square feet by the number 43560 ft^2 and express the result as a percentage or a fraction .