Question about Toastmaster 125 Watts 1778 Hand Mixer

Open Question

Transformer broken - Toastmaster 125 Watts 1778 Hand Mixer

Posted by on

  • David Zhang Mar 29, 2014

    I checked the hand mixer stator winding broken.



Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Just bought kitchen aid prof 600 110v and i need a new transformer to 220v since my old one was busted using this appliance. What kind of transformer will i buy? Heavy duty ? Any spec? Thanks

You need one that can deliver not only the correct voltage but sufficient current to operate fully when under load. Check the current requirement on the sticker under the base, it will give operating voltage and watts. Purchase a transformer that matches the voltage and exceeds the watts by at least 30% so that the transformer is not operating at full capacity when under load. It will not matter if the transformer exceeds the watts by 100% or more but they do get bigger and heavier as the wattage goes up.

Dec 20, 2015 | Food Mixers

1 Answer

Professional 600. What is the specific transformer required to step down 220v to 110v?

Check the wattage on your mixer and buy a step down transformer capable of delivering at least 50% more wattage so it is not struggling under load. If it is capable of even more it won't matter but they get bigger and heavier and cost more the bigger you go.

Dec 19, 2015 | KitchenAid Food Mixers

1 Answer

Have kitchenaid 110v professional, will i use voltage converter in the philippines

of course, the voltage here in the philippines is must buy a "stepdown Transformer" is sometimes called "Auto transformer

Oct 16, 2014 | Food Mixers

1 Answer

325watts of 110v transform to 220v is how much watts

New armature, new field assembly and new phase board will probably be a similar price to a step up transformer and a far better solution.

Jan 20, 2014 | KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series Stand...

1 Answer

Is it perfectly safe to use a transformer for 120V/60Hz products? Kitchenaid mixers are way cheaper abroad...for a 220V/60Hz using country,this poses a big issue for me...with all the talks about hazards...

Short answer- no problem, but please read on...

First, economics are an issue- there is more than one way to convert VOLTAGE, the ;best' in this case is by using a heavy coil-wound TRANSFORMER (not simply a device being called a transformer or 'converter'; terms often misused) but virtually NO means of converting FREQUENCY (60Hz USA vs 50Hz Eu)
Extended use at wrong frequency has been known, by personal experience, to cause overheat and premature failure of many devices.
Heat is an issue for a hidden reason in the classic models due to their 'mechanical fuse' which is designed to limit serious damage in event of overload (too thick batter mixed for too long)- the device will yield at lighter work-load as the moter heats to greater levels- it is prudent to be always aware of the 'running temperature'.
There are subtle differences in the motor winding design, and you may find difficulty finding repair parts for any relatively minor electrical issues (mechanicals are the same in classic models)

If you have talent for house wiring better to use seperate 220 line, as if for a dryer or electric stove- its more efficient overall.
If you have 60Hz 220 V mixer, (most are 50Hz 'tuned' at 220Volts) a step-up transformer to bring your US 60Hz current UP to 220 volts to suit your mixer will not harm your mixer if it supplys sufficient Amps or Wattage (you likely must convert; Volts multiplied by Amps gives Watts)... But you can easily pay out near half the cost of a mixer to get a quality transformer into your kitchen and still, it remains a weak-link; you can only get quality if you pay for it...
...but the 220V outlet permits use of commercial appliances with all the durability, convenience, and prestiege they afford.

Artesian models with 'soft start' and inverter-technology speed control use much more electronics to feed the motor- they should be supplied as close to true sine-wave power for the same reasons as computer UPS battery back-ups.

In general, and by experience, its best overall to buy the appliance designed for use in the location required. If you feed the appliance the power it was designed to use it has no way of knowing how it got there. The question mark is with the output of the power conversion device.

Oct 19, 2011 | KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series Stand...

1 Answer

I stay in msia and recently i bought a PRO450 kitchen aid mixer from us. Msia's voltage is 250V while the mixer is 300 watt. I used adapter and the mixer does work but the engine is making noises. Is...

The voltage in US is 110-120 volts and the amperage is 60 amps. In your country the voltage is 250 volts which appears to be high as the general voltage in Asian countries 220 volts and the current is 50 amps You have to use a transformer/adopter which can reduce the voltage from 250 to 220 Or it is a universal adopter where this aspect is covered up. In that case you have to check the amperage. 300 watt is the power consumed and has nothing to do with low/high voltage.

Oct 07, 2011 | Food Mixers

2 Answers

I just bought KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer KSM150PS with 110v and 60Hz online and received it today and realised I cannot use it on australia. Can I use transformer which I can get here to convert 110V...

You need a Step Down Voltage Converter (also called a Voltage Transformer)
which steps down 240, 230, 220 volts to 110 volts and
allows you to use 110 volts Devices from USA in 220 v / 230 v / 240 v Countries

Aug 10, 2011 | KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan Series Stand...

1 Answer

Ibought a hobart n 50 mixer took it oversaes used a 700 watt step down transformer to work it but after a few minutes it over heats is there a certain trans former to be used for it thank you

Assuming the mixer is overheating (and not the transformer), first check (with a multimeter) the voltage being supplied to the mixer from the transformer and ensure it is near 120V. Next, do you know the powerline frequency in the country you're in? The mixer (assuming it came from US) was designed for 60Hz US power. Many other countries use 50Hz, which could cause overheating if the mixer is used heavily. When 60Hz equipment is used on 50Hz power, it normally must be "derated" meaning it must be "underworked" as compared to its original capabilities.

Be sure to test the voltage going to the mixer, from the transformer, not only when the mixer is off, but be certain to test it in use, mixing whatever it is you are mixing -bottom line is to be sure the transformer continues to output 120V under load, with the mixer loading the transformer.

If all is OK with the power going to the mixer, then the problem is either in the mixer or the problem is how it is being used. What are you mixing with it - are you overworking the mixer? Does the mixer always overheat or only with particularly demanding jobs (cut down batch size in this case). What gear are you mixing in? If overheating in second gear, try mixing the same batch in first gear. If you have or can find a user's manual, it probably gives reccommended batch sizes for various typical products you might mix, be sure to follow these recommendations and "derate" for 50Hz if necessary.

It's possible the motor is weak from a long life spent working hard. A weak motor will draw excessive current and overheat. Where is the mixer hottest? The front at the gearbox/transmission or the rear where the motor is located? Maybe the transmission is lacking lubracation and needs a grease change. There a many possibilities for your mixer to overheat, and I hope this helps.

Nov 20, 2010 | Hobart N50 Stand Mixer

1 Answer

I used to live in america and i moved to australia, mcan i use my mixer? it says 110 volt

Maiins Voltage in Aus is nominally 240 Volts, so plugging in directly with an adaptor will fuse motor. The only way to use the Miixer is to purchase a step down transformer (ie 240 V to 110 V) with a minimum rating at least equal to the power of the mixer which is 250 Watts. You should be able to purchase the transformer online or through Jaycar Electronics (branches in most major cities) . They are not that cheap but would be less than getting a new mixer rated at the correct voltage and it would also let you power other 110 V items that you have provided you don't exceed the transformer rating.

Nov 07, 2010 | KitchenAid K45SS Classic Stand Mixer

2 Answers

Will a Kitchenaid Pro 500 work in a foreign country with trans.?

Hi, This is not normally a difficult question. Normally the answer would be - Yes no problem. I have taken every kind of appliance overseas. But this particular model has an electronic speed control and finding out the exact details of the electronic clocking is a problem. My best guess is that it will work just fine but at a slightly slower speed like any other 60Hz appliance. Oh and by the way you're gonna need a pretty big transformer this thing pulls 325 watts so you should go to at least a 400 watt transformer for doughs and heavy batter. The thing you could do to find other folks experience is to go to the kitchenaid forum or military wifes forum online and ask if anybody has taken one of these overseas. Good Luck!

Feb 01, 2009 | KitchenAid KSM90 Ultra Power Series Stand...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Toastmaster 125 Watts 1778 Hand Mixer Logo

Related Topics:

25 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Toastmaster Food Mixers Experts

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Oscar Netto
Oscar Netto

Level 2 Expert

110 Answers


Level 3 Expert

79094 Answers

Are you a Toastmaster Food Mixer Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides