Question about Audio Players & Recorders
This happens when exiting the garage where the floor is uneven, and when turning
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
go to an empty parking lot
turn the wheel all the way to the right and drive in circle slowly
listen for a ticking noise or similar.
repeat in the left direction.
if you hear a ticking or clicking noise you likely have a bad CV joint. not a horridly expensive repair tho a necessary one
one other thing that will cause it is if the rubber boot surrounding the CV
joint is torn.
pleae take a moment to rate this solution.
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
The LX platform consists of the 300, charger and magnum.
They will all have front end noise. It's just a matter of time. This appears to be a poor design and should be recalled.
The front end should be replaced with energy suspension bushings and greasable ball joints.
The front end needs to be inspected, but here are the usual suspects. Most to least
1. Stabilizer bushings to frame. Rattle and bump sound. Not too expensive.
2. Tension struts - radius arm as some may say. Makes a poping noise and moans when driving and turning.
3. Stabilizer end links if loose to touch. Noise over bumps only.
4. Tie rods. Primarily outer. If you can turn them by hand they need changing. These make noise when braking and turning. Inner is more pronounced when steering. May cause road wander.
5. Upper and lower control arm bushings. Creak!
6. Ball Joints. These sound like an orchestra when going up a driveway. The most expensive fix on these cars. Up to 1800.00 dealer cost. They do not press out the old joints. They use a new knuckle.
7. Steering rack... another expensive fix. Moans and hisses.
Posted on Sep 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 12, 2014 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Sep 19, 2012 | 2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Apr 10, 2012 | 1993 Subaru Loyale
Feb 01, 2011 | 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Dec 17, 2010 | 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer
Oct 22, 2010 | 2008 Dodge Charger
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!