Question about Sony BEYOND: Two Souls PS3
GAME GETS TO INSTALL SCREEN AND INSTALL IN PROGRESS FLASHES BUT NOTHING HAPPENS.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I'm afraid your PS3 is dead. It's very rare, it happened to me too. Nobody's sure why it happens, but it just stops reading any disks at all, even though it retains all other functionality.
You've got to take it back to wherever you bought it with a reciept and they can either replace it or send it off to Sony for it to be fixed.
Posted on May 28, 2008
Same thing happened to my first PS3 about a week after i got it, except i did not try to install anything. I called SONY tech support to troubleshoot but did not work, they decided to send me a warranty replacement, I havent had an issue with my new PS3. I recommend you do the same
Posted on Mar 10, 2009
SOURCE: ps3 wont load games up
I had a similar problem. My PS3 did not start the disk based games.
Those disk based games were not visible in the game menu. I did not
have problems with the normal movie DVDs or Movie Blu Rays. Those were
working fine. Also downloaded games were working ok.
In case you have the similar problem, you should try the following steps;
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way;:
1. Turn off Playstation 3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
Select option "Rebuild Database".
After PS3 has executed the DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be visible again in the menu and are starting automatically when inserted to PS3.
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 07, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jul 11, 2009 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Mar 10, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jan 04, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jul 07, 2008 | Sony Video Game Consoles & Games
Sep 19, 2017 | Sony Video Game Consoles & Games
132 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: