Question about Sony E-reader Portable E-book MP3 Player
My sony ereader PRS-T1 is frozen on opening book screen. It froze while I was reading a book, so I restarted it. Now it is frozen on the opening book screen and I can't do anything. I've tried charging it, turning it off and on again, pressing restart...nothing works.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The Reader may not turn on, or it may appear to be frozen if the unit needs to be reset, the battery is completely discharged or moisture condensation has occurred.
Please perform the below mentioned steps and check whether it helps.
Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the Reader status after completing each step.
1. Connect the Reader to a USB connection or optional AC adapter. Allow approximately 5 min for it to turn on. If it does not turn on automatically, try to turn it on again. If it still does not turn on, continue with the rest of this procedure.
2. Perform a soft reset. Just press the RESET button using a sharp-pointed object
3. After the RESET button has been pressed, slide the POWER switch to activate the Reader again. If the Indicator light next to the power button on the Reader is yellow , the unit is attempting to start up. If this is the case, allow it a few moments to complete startup.
4. If startup did not complete, connect the Reader to the computer or optional AC adapter and perform a soft reset again.
5. Disconnect the Reader from the computer (if applicable) and then slide the POWER switch to activate the Reader. Check if the Indicator light next to the power switch on the Reader is yellow (indicating it is turning on) and if the unit is responding.
6. If the unit is not responding but Starting up... is displayed on the screen, attempt a hard reset.
7. If the unit is still frozen, connect it again to the computer or optional AC adapter and while connected, check if the Indicator light next to the power switch on the reader is red . If this light is red , allow the Reader to charge for one hour so there is sufficient charge for troubleshooting.
* If your computer goes into hibernation or sleep mode, charging will stop and the red charge indicator on the Reader will turn off.
* It is recommended to charge the Reader while you are using the computer or to adjust your sleep/hibernation settings of your computer to avoid any interruption in the charging process. You also can use the optional AC Adapter model ACS-5220E.
8. Once the Reader has sufficient charge, perform these troubleshooting steps again.
9. Under certain circumstances, moisture condensation can occur. Moisture condensation can be caused by moving the Reader between temperature extremes or if the Reader has come in direct contact with moisture. If you suspect moisture as the cause, allow the Reader to sit for a few hours before attempting to turn it back on.
General notes regarding the battery status:
* You can verify the charge status by disconnecting the Reader from the computer and checking the battery indicator. The battery indicator will display 4 black bars when it is fully charged.
* It will take approximately 4 hours to achieve a full charge with a computer. It will take approximately 2 hours to achieve a full charge with the optional AC Adapter.
If the issue still persists, service of the Reader is required. Please follow the below link to get it repaired:
Posted on Jan 21, 2010
SOURCE: my sony prs 350 ereader
If the Reader is frozen, you can try the following:
1. Disconnect the reader from the computer
2. Hit the reset button at the bottom of the reader for 3 seconds
3. Slide the power switch
4. Screen will blink and will show "Opening book"
5. Allow the reader to load and then see if operational
Note: If the reader get stuck again, connect it to the computer for 15-30 minutes and allow it to charge, make sure the red steady light comes on.
Posted on Jul 08, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 22, 2012 | Sony PRS-T1 6" Digital E-Ink Pearl eReader...
Jul 11, 2012 | Sony Reader Pocket PRS-300
Jan 03, 2012 | Sony Reader Touch PRS-600
Sep 09, 2011 | Sony Reader Pocket PRS-300
Jul 26, 2011 | Sony Reader Pocket PRS-300
Jul 24, 2011 | Sony Reader Pocket PRS-300
May 06, 2011 | Sony E-reader Portable E-book MP3 Player
Feb 15, 2011 | Sony Reader Touch PRS-600
Jul 21, 2010 | Sony Reader Touch PRS-600
Dec 28, 2009 | Sony Reader Touch PRS-600
Jun 13, 2017 | Sony E-reader Portable E-book MP3 Player
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: