- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If it was a DC motor it wouldn't run on AC. If it hasn't been used for a long while it might smell while the dust and grease burn also the bearing(s) could be dry, make sure it turns freely and smoothly and nothing gets too hot. Check current with ammeter
adjust the Reed SWITCH, see the diagram attached it. Clean it, test it of open or faulty. Tight the connector very well. Replace and clean the contacts batteries( if they have). Tight the ribbon cable inside. If the problem persist, after you did, replace control display board God bless you
Inspect belt and deck. The deck should be smooth without any grooves, pits, or exposed wood. The belt should have a consistent ridged feel from one side of the belt to the other (a belt can be worn out without any sensory signs of a problem). If you feel deep grooves in the deck or uneven wear on the underside of the belt, part replacement is necessary. Visually look at the underside of the belt. It should have a consistent look. Black streaks in the belt are a sign of bottom-layer wear through. Very worn belts will feel smooth in the areas you normally walk- you would think smooth is good but not in belts because the smoother the belt, the more contact area. Continued use of your treadmill may damage expensive electrical components.
85% of all Treadmill problems are cause by worn belt and deck I would revisit the scene of the crime again.
There's a number of reasons to smell burning after a washing machine cycle. It's a 220V appliance, so if it short's out it will cause problems. It's more likely the motor being overloaded making it hot and causing the electrical burning smell, or a short that's overheating something electrical. Check to see if the belt that spins the whole barrel is melted or worn anywhere. Inspect the wiring that's attached to the system that engages spin, which is different from agitation by the big tower. If these both check out, an trip to the Maytag Man might have to fix overloading motors or relays, or switches, if anything turns up in your search for the source of the electrical smoke. Ozone is what you are smelling, FYI.
Thanks for your question, yup your fan motor is bad, if you need to manually start it each time then the motor winding are bad and it is not getting the air across the coils, which in turn are over heating, thus causing a burning smell, and then tripping your limits, you need to replace this motor ASAP, before it does cause a fire, if the limits ever fail !! I hope this was helpful for ya, if it was please give this a rating, thanks again, mr.grzz