Question about Dirt Devil Featherlite Bagless Vacuum M085845Vacuum
I recently replaced my bag and belt on the vacuum cleaner but after i put the new belt on, it immediately burned in half. After that i put the old belt back on since it looked ok still, now its way harder to push across the carpet. I never had that problem before, i must have taken it apart and put it back together 5 times afterwards trying to figure out the problem. I'm frustrated that it worked perfect before now it doesnt
The new belt already snapped is what it sounds like try taking it into guarantee vacuum and sewing center
Posted on Mar 26, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Vacuum motor shaft too hot
Check the brush roll ends, will they turn easily or is one frozen. If so, you need to replace the brush roll. If the motor turns on, it and the belt are trying to turn the brush roll and can't. Also check the ends where the brush roll sits in and make sure it hasn't overheated and melted., If it did you will have to replave the base.
Posted on Mar 11, 2008
The manual is confusing - I had the same problem. Make sure you put the belt around the smaller motor axle, not the lever arm attached to the on/off foot switch. It's a bit counter-intuitive, but that was my problem with this. Jeff
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
take the belt off again you will see burnt rubber from the old belt stuck to the motor shaft.you can take a fine piece of emery cloth and clean the shaft down to its polished finish.always good to do this after each belt.check the brush roller and see if there are any signsd of plastic melted.make sure it turns freely if not the brush roller might be siezing uo on youhave you cleaned the hepa filter?does it smell like wires burning or rubber.with it unlugged take it apart to the motor and take a fine iece of emery cloth and go over the motor armature .then try it again.you can take all the filters out and run it without the filters.that will help you narrow it down.please leave feedback
Posted on May 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Disconnect cleaner from electrical outlet.
1. Place handle in operating position and turn cleaner over so bottom side is up.
2. To remove bottom plate, insert end of flat screwdriver into wide area of right-hand slot and push handle of screwdriver to the rear.Repeat in left-hand slot.
3. Lift extension of bottom plate, rotate plate and remove from cleaner body.
4. Remove agitator and broken agitator belt.
5. Slip agitator through new belt. (With lettering toward outside of cleaner) and position belt in belt guide. Push end of belt into opening in cleaner body. Reposition agitator making sure to align flat sides of projection on belt end of agitator with flat sides of slot in cleaner body.
6. Place the three tabs on bottom plate into slots in front of cleaner body. Snap bottom plate into place over agitator.
7. Remove hood by turning cleaner over and removing nozzle control knob on front of hood -- grasp knob and pull up.
8. Place handle in operating position and turn cleaner over. Insert end of flat screwdriver into one of the four slots beside an arrow on bottom of cleaner.
9. For slots nearest the rear wheels, push handle of screwdriver toward cleaner handle; for remaining two slots, pry outward to release latches.
I0. Turn cleaner over and lift off hood.
Il. Stretch new belt onto motor pulley.
Extra effort may be required to stretch new belt onto pulley.
Turn agitator, making sure the belt is not pinched between agitator and cleaner body. The belt must rotate freely inside the belt guide. If agitator does not turn, remove bottom plate and reposition belt in belt guide.
Hope this was helpful!
Jun 20, 2014 | Hoover Soft Light U4266-940 Bagged Upright...
May 03, 2014 | Oreck XL Ultra Bagged Upright Vacuum
Apr 22, 2013 | Riccar 8955 Upright Vacuum
Feb 09, 2011 | Kirby Ultimate G Bagged Upright Vacuum
May 29, 2010 | Hoover Elite U5061-900 Bagged Upright...
Apr 11, 2010 | Kenmore Progressive 35922 Bagged Upright...
May 18, 2009 | Hoover U6437-900 / U6439-900 Windtunnel...
Jul 06, 2008 | Vacuums
Jun 11, 2008 | Hoover U6437-900 / U6439-900 Windtunnel...
62 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: