Question about Samsung LN40B610 LCD TV
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have LNS4692D. Returned from vacation, turned tv on - no picture. Tried turning tv off for 4 hours- nothing. Symptoms are: tv is on - no picture , just sound; menu doesn't show, volume bar doesn't show;E.Saving is working - the backlight is changing from lighter to darker.
Found this website and ordered T-con, otherwise known as the LCD panel driver board, p/n# Bn8101286a ( thanks premtech) from partstore.com for $124. Part number BN81-01286A A/S T-CON Board.
1.Remove plastic cover. There is an arrow for each screw that needs to be removed. Make sure to unscrew pins next to VGA port. I've spent some time trying to figure out what else is holding the plastic panel until I found this pins.
2. Remove big metal shield in the middle of tv that is covering main components. This shield is being held by small black screws all around it.
At this point you will see cover of T-CON. Here is the picture
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=118863&d=1220531321 (thanks ldac9). Do not attempt to remove that cover yet. Proceed with a next step
3.Remove metal panel that holds main components. Locate big chrome screws that have arrows pointing to them and unscrew them. Remove 2 more screws on the bottom of the panel that holds it together with a box for cables. At this point the main panel will be lose
4. Carefully start lifting the panel. You will see that there are connectors going from components on the panel to components on the lower panel and T-CON. Carefully unplug these components and raise the main panel.
5. Remove 4 screws that holds T-CON cover. Pull the cover so that T-CON is completely exposed. The cover is connected by thin alluminum , don't hesitate to pull it , but don't rip it out.
6. Once T-CON is exposed you will see 2 red ribbons. I've spent some time to figure out how unplug those from old T-CON board. Here is the suggestion. Don't try to pull it out. All you need to do is to lift small plastic lever that is part of a connector. Then ribbon can be slided out. If not sure what to do, see how this is done on the new T-CON. It has a principle of buckle on airplain safety belts.
7. Remove old T-CON and install new you.
8. Follow reverse order.
I've never fixed TV before , but this was totally successful project.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
SOURCE: Broken HDMI Port for HP-R5072
The HDMI input along with others is located on the a/v control panel of which would have to be replaced. I haven't seen an input jack yet with a part number attached for any model. I would suggest call a service center for a diagnosis.
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
when you try to use your hdmi cable do you have the component your trying to use on? because the tv might need it to be powered up to recocnize the signal that, that input is in use
Posted on Sep 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 10, 2017 | Sony Televison & Video
May 10, 2017 | Televison & Video
Mar 05, 2016 | Vizio E370VL 37 in. LCD HDTV
Jan 02, 2015 | Olevia LT42HVi 42 in. LCD Television
May 15, 2014 | Toshiba Satellite L655-S5101 Laptop
Jul 19, 2011 | Televison & Video
Dec 16, 2010 | Toshiba REGZA 46RV530U LCD TV
May 10, 2010 | Samsung LE32R41BD 32 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Oct 14, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
130 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: