Hi i have a problem, i am using INTEL965 chipset board My windows XP start normally as long as i use the mouse but when i touch the keyboard it stuck anything what goes on the computer goes but my keyboard and mouse stuck i have to restart every time when i restart the windows goes normal for the whole day every morning i have to follow that rules how can i solve this problem need HELP?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Removing the software and reinstalling it using a "clean boot" may resolve the symptoms you are experiencing. Booting clean is a way to eliminate programs from conflicting with installation of software.
1. Download the latest version of the software for your OS from the manufacturer's website. 2. Open the Windows Control Panel. 3. Open the Add / Remove Programs window. 4. Locate the listing for the keyboard/mouse software and remove it. When prompted to remove the keyboard/mouse drivers files, click Yes.
The following is the procedure for a 'clean boot' in Windows XP:
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK 2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup 3. Uncheck Process SYSTEM.INI file 4. Uncheck Process WIN.INI file 5. Uncheck Load Startup Items 6. Click on the Services tab 7. At the bottom, check Hide All Microsoft Services 8. Uncheck all boxes in the window or click the button labeled Disable All 6. Click OK 7. Click Restart
After restarting, reinstall the downloaded software. Next, do the following:
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK 2. Replace checkmarks in the items that you previously removed them from. 3. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup 4. Click OK 5. Click YES, when asked to restart your computer
Could be a problem with your system BIOS, enter the setup while your computer is booting (before it gets to windows) by hitting the F12 key probably. Make sure that the boot order is HDD first, not something else.
Hi, Check in your Bios if Usb keyboard and Mouse Support is enabled, otherwise you can use a Ps2 Keyboard just to get to the desktop, then you should be able to install your keyboard and mouse, yor pc should automatically detect the devices
try F8 to got to the startup menu, and choose last known good configuration, use a ps2 keyboard or an adaptor and nothing that needs the USB.SYS Driver to function, and you should be able to reinstall Windows, if last known good configuration doesn't work, i hope this helps, please give good rating
If it is a USB then it should work with any keyboard and mouse. When you say it shuts off after XP loading screen, does the machine power off? have you tried unplugging the mouse and keybaord and let Windows load?
Hi there. While you are in the operating system, unplug both the USB devices, then plug them back in, let windows recognize the new hardware and install it for you, this can take a couple of minutes, once it says hardware is installed and ready to use reboot the PC and see if you can use the keyboard and mouse while in the OS. please post back with any more problems
make sure the mouse and keyboard are in right connections...if you look closely youll see icons next to ports.
try without mouse at first start up ,load windows and use key with windows logo on it to access start and scroll to shutdown tab and restart...plug in the mouse before restart.
if logo tab isnt assigned press ctrl + esc to access start menu.
when system starts up, antivirus software like Norton do the startup scan for virus detection and this process utilizes more memory and high processing of CPU .It makes the mouse & keyboard stucking at that moments. we have the same problem in our server also.