- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
check chlorine of pool and then test at 1st return chlorine should be higher your chlorine m ight be locked and eating up the chlorine your generator is producing also check for phosphates in water or other contaminates
I am not an expert on the Duoclear but I have had mine for 5 years and have not had any problems. This unit and all salt water systems will not generate chlorine when the water temperature is below 65 degrees f. I am not saying that this is why yours is not generating chlorine, just commenting in case you were unaware.
You can test if the 8110 is generating any chlorine by taking a water sample directly at the pool return. You can invert your container so it stays filled with air until you have it positioned in front of your return. Make sure your test chemicals are not expired and test the sample. You should get a high reading if the 8110 is producing any chlorine. If it is producing chlorine, you may want to make sure you have the correct level of Cyanuric Acid. In my pool, if the Cyanuric Acid level is low, the chlorine level drops to zero quite quickly.
If the sample indicated your 8110 is not producing any chlorine, I would check to see if you have approx. 24V DC between B+ and Gnd on the screw terminal strip on the main circuit board. The transformer supplies two voltages to the 8110. One voltage powers the electronics and the other powers the electrolytic circuit. So it is possible for part of the unit to work if one voltage has failed.
It shounds like that you might have a mustard algae issue. It feeds on chlorine. It is possible that your unit is producing chlorine but the algae is consuming it as fast as it can be made. You will need to do a shock treatment and use an Algae 30. It could be something else, but this is likely. You can google mustard algate treatments and read up on it to see if you have other symptoms.