The sim card still works fine in another phone.
I spilt soda in the phone. I let it dry out for a week but now it comes on says the greeting and shuts off. The battery charges fine but none of the buttons work anymore. Does the slate have a reset button or should i just throw it away?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Samsung captivate got wet and now phone dosen't turn on do not worry put out your sim card and memory card and battery put your mobile under table lamp 3 or 4 hours when the water is dry in your mobile put back battery sim and memory card back and turn it on i hope it work i think it is helpful to you please vote me thanks
Ben, Could you try dry it first? Do not turn on.
As you said that your card is not read by iphone, i can see that you already turn it on after it submerged in greasy water. I hope it doesn't short circuit yet. Use hair dryer, dry your iphone through the usb connection hole, leave for awhile, make sure it dry, then try again. Hope this will help. For future, if phone dropped in water, first thing to do is take off battery, or turn of completely then dry it before checking it still work or not.Thanks for reading.
Take the battery out, dry the phone, battery, SIM and/or memory card with paper towels as much as possible. Take all of the pieces and wrap them in a single paper towel loosely. Drop this in a ziplock bag and fill it with baking soda, then zip it up. Let it sit for 2 - 3 days.
The worst thing to do with a phone that has been in contact with water is to run a current through it.
Try this because it usually works for mobile phones BUT if it doesn't work, you'll have to get a new controller anyway.
Take a big enough bowl and pour some rubbing alcohol into it. Dip the controller into it and swish it gently for no more than 5 seconds and then remove.
wipe the control stick area and so on and then take a hair dryer on as low as possible and lowest heat if that is applicable and dry it but hold the drier at least a foot away from the controller.
now get one of them big ziploc baggies; the kind you put like huge amounts of ground beef in (the biggest baggies they have; like a foot by a foot. you know what I mean) and fill it half way with white uncooked dried rice. Bury the controller in it and seal the baggie and don't touch it for about 4 to 5 days.
The alcohol dip will take out the sticky. The rice will dry up any water/soda/alcohol still in the controller.
Usually it works better with a mobile phone when they go for a toilet swim, etc - and for reference if THAT happens, take the battery out immediately, do NOT try to turn it on for any reason, take the phone apart, take out sim card, memory card, etc and do the 3 to 5 second alcohol swish and rice in baggie thing. In that case, DO NOT TOUCH FOR 5 DAYS and even then, wait one more day.
My blackberry curve did that and after 5 days, it turned on fine and worked perfectly with NO problems. If you turn em on too fast, the water if any is still inside WILL shortcircuit your stuff and you're sol totally.
Try this you suspect the water damage from a humid room :
This works on most mini electronic devices like cellular phones and degital cameras etc .
it sounds crazy .
Remove the back (or Cover ) of the phone( or Camera ), battery, and SIM if your phone ( or Device ) uses one , DIRECTLY
Then, with a q-tip (or something similar), dab the connection points (shiny, goldish) on the battery, SIM, and phone. This should aid in drying.
Finally, place all contents in a bag of uncooked rice (separately, do not put back together just yet). it sounds crazy , but it draws the moisture out.
It normally is working after just 7-8 hours, but I would wait 12 hours or even 24 hours before attempting to use (just to be sure).
beware the water damage, despite being dry now, will void any warranties. Also, the phone's hardware is now weakened and if you drop it, the green mother board and circuitry could shatter - so be more careful.
This does work on electronic devices aside from phones as well. Simply tailor it to your device. If you do not have a SIM (Verizon phones, cameras, all others), remove only the battery. If you have an iPhone/iPod or GPS and cannot remove the battery, simply make sure it is all the way off, then put it in the rice bag. All electronic devices react the same to the rice trick.
Here is related link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Otjgd48nY
rate if usefull please !
Well it depends on the type of screen you have in the phone. Some have edges that can split open and lose the fluid that projects the picture so your best bet is to just replace the phones screen, if every thing else works fine
hi ive had alot of people ask me this question they tend to drop theres when there on hol and cum back crying to me wot u want to do is buy some distilled water take ur batt out and sim and memory card and take ur case off put it in distilled water for 5 mins take it out and dab it dry this sounds stupid but get sum WD-40 and spray inside ur fone this helps to dispell all the water thats trapped inside and leave it under a lamp with a 60watt bulb on it fo9r 3 to 4days sumtimes it could take a week try that