Question about Garmin GPSMAP 295 GPS Receiver
My GPS 295, which has worked wonderfully for years, suddenly won't aquire SAT signals. It powers up normally, goes in the acquisition mode, and never shows a sign on any signals. Later offers the SIMULATION MODE, which works good. Have peeked inside and see nothing out of order that could have such an effect.
If the GPS has not been used and allowed to acquire satellites within the last three weeks then follow these steps:
1. Plug the GPS into a wall outlet with the unit on and allow it to charge for eight hours
2. Perform a satellite reset: Start with the GPS off, a good antenna, and a clear view of the sky. Press and hold the ‘Out’ button then turn the GPS on using the ‘Power’ button. Continue to hold the ‘Out’ button until the “I Agree” message appears on the GPS. Release the ‘Out’ button and allow the GPS to acquire satellites for at least 15 minutes.
If the GPS is used on a regular basis but continues to show the incorrect date and time after power on then follow these steps:
1. Update the operating software to the latest version through www.garmin.com
2. Plug the GPS into a wall outlet with the unit on and allow it to charge for eight hours
3. Perform a reset: Start with the GPS off, a good antenna, and a clear view of the sky. Press and hold the ‘Quit’ button then turn the GPS on using the ‘Power’ button. Continue to hold the ‘Quit’ button until you see a message on the screen about deleting user information. (If you have not backed up the user information and want to do so you will need to download this information prior to completing this reset as the reset will delete user information.) Release the ‘Quit’ button and highlight the “Yes” and press the ‘Enter’ button.
Please do accept the solution and revert for further assistance.
Posted on Jun 15, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 15, 2017 | Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx
Jun 02, 2010 | Garmin GPSMAP 295 GPS Receiver
Jan 01, 2010 | Garmin MAP76 handheldS GPS Receiver
Sep 24, 2009 | Garmin GPSMAP 295 GPS Receiver
Jan 03, 2009 | Garmin GPSMAP 295 GPS Receiver
Nov 29, 2007 | Garmin GPSMAP 295 GPS Receiver
120 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!