Question about Samsung HLT6189S Television
All other features of the tv seem to be working still as i can change the source and hear sound on each, but there is just no picture being displayed. Can this problem be fixed and what is the solution if so?
I assume that the link I've provided here will give you an idea about what 'Ambilight' is. Read it. Then proceed.
Gopakumar Gopalan Google
Posted on Mar 24, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: sound yes, but no picture on tv
If you have sound on the stations this is a problem in the display. Take bright flashlight and hold it against the screen. Look for an image around the edge of the flashlight. If you see an image then it's one of three problems;
1) The inverter board is bad.
2) The CCFT (cold cathode fluoresent light) are bad.
3) The power supply to the inverter board is bad.
Someone knowledgeable in electronics can replace the bad part(s).
Posted on Mar 10, 2009
Your inverter circuits and/or power board need servicing.....
Either three fault scenarios are happening:
1. the inverter circuits are not producing AC ripple too the CCFL lamps that illuminate the LCD glass panel.
2. the power supply board is not feeding 24vdc - 12vdc sustain voltage too the inverter circuits. Meaning, no dc high voltage output from the power board.
3. The timing control circuit (LCD Board) has shorted switching devices or on-board memory has failed....which causes data/dc loss at the input which results in the inverters canceling load power (lamps). The sync data between inverter and LCD Board are absent. This will result in a 'NO LIGHT' condition on the LCD display.
Number 3 is a rare case, its usually #1 the inverters need servicing.....
Posted on Nov 10, 2009
you have a bad capacitor in the power board you will need a tech to change it the can shaped device will be puffed up on the top and the value is written on the side
Posted on Dec 04, 2009
probably your cable or sat box malfunctioned. try unplugging the power for 2 minutes and then plugging it back in. my cablebox would do that to me all the time. let me know if this doesn't help. check sound on dvd or other sources to narrow that down.
Posted on Jun 06, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2017 | Samsung Televison & Video
May 03, 2016 | LG 55LS4500 55 in. TV
Jan 28, 2016 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jan 14, 2016 | Samsung LN52C530 52" LCD TV
Dec 15, 2015 | Samsung Televison & Video
Mar 30, 2011 | Televison & Video
Nov 07, 2010 | Samsung HL-R6167W 61" HDTV
Dec 31, 2009 | Televison & Video
Jul 14, 2009 | Samsung HL-R6167W TV
Apr 26, 2008 | Televison & Video
121 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: