An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has 1 follower.
A rookie expert who has answered 20 questions on their first day.
Re: Unable to ascertain the compatibility of iTunes....
First thing you have to check the update version of iTunes.. then; when you install the iTools the iPhone should be disconnected from your laptop, also deactivate the option which allows iTunes open when you connect your iPhone to you laptop
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try Tiny Umbrella software It will Help You...Connect Your I phone Run This Software as run as admin...Click on exit recovery..Its Done..You can download the software from http://blog.firmwareumbrella.com/..Hope it will help you
Sounds like your using ITools, with ITunes. I don't use it, but here ya go.
To fix this problem go to your Itools menu go to settings than go to connections, now go to the USB hit OK now you will see memory card access, data modem, application access, GPS NMEA and finally help. Make sure it is on memory card access and not any of the other ones the memory card access is to allow a PC to use your phone as a memory card reader.
You can't install iTools on iPhone, iTools is running on computer. If you are looking for file manager or iTunes alternative to manage your iPhone files, this iOS tool works well for you. http://www.reviewstown.com/itunes-alternative.html
Hope it helps. Feel free to email me if you need further help.
I was looking for an easy way to upload music to my iPhone 5 and I found that iTools is a great software for this. I download iTunes and iTools, but when transfering music to my iPhone I get an error "Unable to ascertain the compatibility of iTunes. Please check out internet".
Can someone help me how to solve this issue?
I don't understand your question, but I suspect that either you have upgraded your phone to a current version of iOS , and now the iTunes version on your computer is no longer compatible, or vice versa. I suggest you bring all your software up to the most current level on both your computer and device, then everything will be okay. HINT: upgrade iTunes on your computer without your phone being attached, and upgrade your phone iOS over wifi (settings>general>software update). Good luck!
Did you update iTunes? At least Ver. 11 I believe it is now. I had a constant error. iTunes couldn't validate device or compatibility or some such. Updated to latest version and no problems. Also, iTools, works just fine now. Know about iTools?
2. On the Windows Start Menu select Computer or My Computer Depending on the OS
3. Browse to the following location: C:\Program Files\iTunes. Note: Windows 7 (64 bit)browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes.
4.Right-click on the iTunes application (iTunes or iTunes.exe) and select Properties.
5. Next select the Compatibility tab.
6.Ensure that the options Run this program in compatibility mode and Run this program as an administrator are not checked. If they are checked please deselect these options, then select Apply, and OK. You should now be able to open iTunes with out receiving the error message about iTunes running in compatibility mode.
This should fix your problem.Still if your facing the same problem after performing the following steps:-
7. Open the Registry Editor by selecting the Windows Start button, typing regedit into the search box or the run box depending which OS your using eg- xp,vista,7 and then pressing Enter.
8. Browse to the following location in the registry editor, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers, and highlight the Layers folder.
9. Delete the entry for the iTunes application (iTunes or iTunes.exe).
10. Close registry editor and restart the computer
You should now be able to open iTunes without receiving the error message about iTunes running in compatibility mode.If not please reply