- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Conduct what the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service calls a "Time-to-Boil" test, which will help you estimate your microwave's wattage. Add 1 cup of water to a microwave-safe 2-cup measure. Add ice cubes and stir until the water is icy cold. Pour out the excess water, leaving just 1 cup. Place the measuring cup inside the microwave. Set the oven for four minutes on high. Watch through the glass to see when the water boils. If it takes less than two minutes, the microwave is 1,000 watts or more; if it takes 2.5 minutes, the oven has a rating of 800 watts or more; if it boils in 3 minutes, the estimated wattage is 650 to 700.
A 1974 Microwave Oven is probably not putting out more than 600 watts. You need to do a power test to determine it's actual power output. Place a 2 cup glass measuring cup with exactly 500 mL of cold water. Record the starting temperature of the water. Run the microwave on 100% power for 18 seconds, using a watch or timer, not the timer on the unit. Take the water out and stir it to make sure that there are no hot or cold spots in the measuring cup. Record the new temperature. Example: 78.4-64.1= 14.3. Multiply 14.3 X 38.75= 554.125. The power output is 554 watts IEC. If the recipe is set for a 1200 watt unit, and your is almost 600 watts, obviously, you would double the cook time. Since this is rough, you need to experiment a bit. If the cook time is 10 minutes, check your product at 8 minutes. Be sure to push the stop button before you open the door when it is in cook mode. This will save wear and tear on door switches and leave the remaining cook time on the timer. Let me know how this works out for you..
If your microwave runs, but doesn'theat your food, verify that you have selected a cooking setting. You mayaccidentally set the timer. Test the magnetron by placing 1 cup of water in themicrowave and heating the water for three minutes. If the water doesn't heat,your magnetron is dead.
1. Wipe the microwave inside and out with a soft cloth dampened with a warm, mild detergent solution. Rinse with a soft cloth dampened with plain water. Dry with a soft, dry cloth.
2. Put 2 cups of water into a 4-cup measuring cup. Place the measuring cup in the microwave, then heat on high for 5 minutes to loosen food particles that are stuck to the inside walls. Leave the measuring cup inside the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, then remove and wipe the interior as in Step 2.
3. Remove the glass turntable and wash it in the sink with mild detergent or in the dishwasher. Handle carefully, as the turntable is breakable.
Here is a simple power test. Place a measured cup of water into the microwave. Run the micro for 2 minutes. A 1000 watt micro will boil a cup of water in 2 min. Check the power output of your machine. It will be found on the model number tag. A 700 watt micro will take about 3 minutes. If this occurs, the machine is working properly. Otherwise, check the outlet voltage, should be 110 or higher. Outside of this, you could need a high voltage capacitor or magnetron.
well if you keep on running your microwave without any thing in it then yes! it burns out the magnatron
(thats the bit the heat come from) and when there burned out its a dust bin jod as there very pricy to by and its not a smart thing to do trying to fit a new one by yourself,, you stand a very good chance of just killing yourself first,,to test your microwave opn the door put inside a cup of cold water and turn on the microwave for 3 mins on full power, the water should be boiling by then,,,dont put anything in the hot water like milk or it could explode in your face! just tip it away
I just read this in my microwave manual. It says to combine 1 cup water, grated peel and juice of one lemon and several whole cloves in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Boil in microwave for several minutes using 100% power. Let sit in over until cool.
I imagine any type of citrus fruit would work just as well.
I don;t think your plate is micorwave safe. Put the plate and a glass measuring cup with water in the microwave for 1 minute, if the plate is hot and the water is not the plate is not microwave safe. IF the water is hot and the plate is not. I don't know what the problem is