Question about American Standard Plumbing

Open Question

Remove aerator Just spins round and round

Posted by Anonymous on


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Replace 940-190 aerator

It sounds like either your aerator is clogged, or someone has removed the metal screens to use for the combustion of herbal products. If nothing is missing from the aerator, it is probably clogged with white scale. Simply take a baggie filled with vinegar and place it over the aerator fastening it in place with a rubber band. After a couple of hours, remove and scrub with old toothbrush. If this doesn't work, remove the aerator and replace it. It screws right off.

May 23, 2016 | Plumbing

1 Answer

How do I remove the aerator?

aerator always screw off typically counter clock wise (lefty loosy), but remember the aerator is "upside-down" as you look at it on the faucet arm. There are two types, male threaded and female threaded. Both unscrew from the faucet arm the same. There are at least four different sizes so take the old you with you when you go to replace it. Most times the threads are gunked up by lime and hard water deposits which means a pair of pliers or channel locks along with gentle rotation of the aerator cap will be needed to loosen the threads. Be aware that a washer may tend to stick in the faucet arm opening after you remove the aerator. Stick your pinky into the faucet spout opening and fell if there is a black rubber washer. Replace with a new one in reverse.

Sep 26, 2014 | Kohler Mistos Bath and Shower Faucet Trim...

1 Answer

How to remove water restrictor in faucet

After removing the aerator housing (the piece that screws into the faucet) there is a small round plastic piece that is under the screen. You will probably need to use a sewing needle to pop it out. You need to pry it from the side. Remove that round plastic disk (it's full of holes) and replace the screen, rubber washers then replace the housing. That should do it. If it does not stream the way you want it, take the entire piece to a Home Depot or Lowes and ask someone who works there for help.

Sep 09, 2014 | Plumbing

1 Answer

The small round metal mesh discs inside the kitchen tap have fallen out & will not stay in when re-inserted. Now the water squirts out at weird angles drenching the kitchen work surfaces. Do I need a...

Hi Jean,

These mesh discs and the part they go into - along with a few other small parts - make up what is called "an aerator".


Most aerators simply screw on threads at the end of your faucet. You can remove it by twisting it. You may need a wrench to loosen it first. Wrap the aerator in thick cloth / towel so that the wrench does not dent or scrape the finish on the aerator body.


Some aerators thread up and inside the faucet - rather than at the end - and need a special wrench to remove


Once removed, you should reassemble the parts and reinstall on the faucet. You may find replacement aerators in Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. if you're missing parts, etc. If changing it out, be sure to bring the old one with you to match.

I hope this helps & good luck!

Sep 22, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Just put in a new moen kitchen faucet, why does it have hardly any water pressue?

You might have a clogged aerator screen. Remove the aerator from the faucet and see if the flow is normal. You can rinse the aerator off if it's clogged. It's also possible the stops (shutoff valves) aren't open all the way. Sometimes, if they're old, they don't turn on fully again after you shut them off to put in the new faucet. If you still have low pressure after removing the aerator, you may need to replace the valves.

I don't know if the instructions mentioned it, but it's good practice to remove the aerator and run a faucet to flush the water line after installing it. There's usually a lot of debris that comes through at first. That's usually why you'll have low pressure in a new faucet.

Jul 14, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Water just trickles out of tap

The problem most likely is a clogged aerator. That is the part that sticks out of the faucet that the water comes out of. You need to unscrew it, take it apart, and then remove any particles that are inside. Sometimes the easiest solution is to buy a new aerator at a hardware store. Take the old one in to make sure you get one that will fit.
Before replacing the aerator, run the faucet without it for a minute or so to clear out any remaining debris.
Unscrewing the aerator: Looking down on the faucet from above the sink, turn the aerator (which will be on the far side of the faucet) clockwise to remove it. You may have to grab it (carefully) with a pair of pliers. Close the drain before you do this so you don't loose any parts down the drain.

Jan 16, 2011 | Price Pfister Plumbing

1 Answer

I installed Series 26 Avalon faucet. The water flow rate is very slow. All fittings to the faucet are new. Could the problem be a faulty valve ?

Remove and clean the Price Pfister aerator. Turn the water on after you remove the aerator and check the flow-rate. Many new Lavatory and kitchen faucets are now equipped with Eco friendly water saver aerators. if the flow is normal without the aerator, the faucet is OK. if you want more water flow from your lavatory faucet, you will need to buy one of the old style high flow aerators from your hardware store. If you remove the aerator and still get low pressure from both hot and cold faucets, you may need to replace the faucet. Call the Price Pfister warranty phone number that came with your faucet.

Aug 28, 2010 | Price Pfister Plumbing

1 Answer

Remove water saver device from Blanco Grace kitchen faucet

Remove the aerator at the end of the spout. It will unscrew and once off it will have a dime sized restricter in it that can be removed this restrict's the water down to about 1.6 gpm to save water.
It will either be plastic or metal and about the size of a dime with a small holw in it to let water pass by maybe 1/8" hole just remove it and put aerator back together.

Clean aerator screen out before you put it back together. This link has a breakdown of parts. Look at parts 8b-10 for aerator breakdown.

Jun 12, 2010 | Blanco 157-052-ST Grace Single Handle...

1 Answer

I need an adapter for a roman tub filler the aerator is about an inch and one sixteenth round with fine threads i would like to install a diverter for a handshower thanks

c51b8b5.jpgPersonal Shower Adapter Fitting

Remove the aerator from the spout and take it with you to your local hardware store or home center (for sizing purposes). These are usually sold with an aerator thread adapter, which allows it to connect to most faucets in the marketplace.

Feb 06, 2010 | Danze Fairmont Double Handle Roman Tub...

2 Answers

Faucets won't turn all the way off

poor quality,, but they have ceramic discs in them you might ba able to take them apart and clean the disks or replace them other then that replace them with something good,, delta, moen, kohler these faucets also come with life time parts warranty

Jun 09, 2009 | GE Profile JGP636 Gas Cooktop

Not finding what you are looking for?
Plumbing Logo

Related Topics:

63 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top American Standard Plumbing Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

659 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

12650 Answers


Level 1 Expert

23 Answers

Are you an American Standard Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides