Is it an over-the-range (OTR) microwave or a countertop microwave? If it's an OTR microwave, are you talking about the light(s) on the bottom of the microwave, or the one that lights up the cavity when you open the door or run the microwave?
If it's an OTR microwave, and the cavity light is burned out, you MAY be able to access it by removing the grill vent by removing the 2 to 4 screws above it. Then, depending on the model, either slide the grill vent to the left and pull it out, or else pull out the top part of it first. Then, if there is one, you may see an access cover behind the grill vent. Unplug the microwave, then remove the 2 screw that holds the access cover in place, and lift up and remove the cover. You should now be able to get to the light bulb.
If it's a counter-top microwave, you will have to remove the complete cover by removing the screws on the back, and possibly a couple of the sides. Note, 2 screws are special security screws to prevent the casual customer from fixing his own microwave oven! UNPLUG THE MICROWAVE FIRST, then remove the cover screws. Slide the cover back about 1/2 inch, and then it should come completely off. You should now be able to see the light bulb to change it. Then reverse the process to put the cover back on. I hope this helps.
Oct 21, 2014 |