- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I think you might have the same problem I had with my 1999 vl1500. it would try to start but would not. turn out I had a bad ground and would not charge. I relocated the charging rectifier to the front of my battery. I found a couple video on youtube. was easy to do and kind of cheap to do. I have not had any more problems with my battery not charging
have a load test done on the battery as it appears that it has a faulty cell. 2 hours for an internal light to flatten the battery indicates that the battery is no good as an interior bulb draws around 5 watts and on a good battery that would amount to around 24 hours usage. Besides all the other problems indicate a lower than required voltage.
It sounds like the alt is having charging problems. A good or new battery will build itself up after it sits by itself. You can take it to Auto Zone and have themtest the charging system while it is running. Does your lights come on automatically when you start the bike? If so check your charging system. Hope this helps please leave a comment.
Do you have the connection to the tire valve tight? You must have the connector pushed completely down and the locking lever pushed in the down position. Be sure it can not be pulled off of the valve while pumping up the tire.
You could try looking for a memory retention capacitor on the circuit board. It will be on the board with coils etc. They sometimes are marked on the board. However they look like squashed electrolytic caps. They have a value of between 0.022 and 0.047UF and a voltage of around 5.5 volts. If you see one like that and it's near an IC then you found the trouble, replacement should stop the loss.