Nordic ware Belgiam Waffler maker
This is how I use the nordic ware...
1.Heat pan on medium heat on one side until temp gauge is in the middle. Dont turn pan at all when pre-heating
2. Open pan and coat bottom with a little butter.
3. Flip pan over and add butter to bottom side that has no butter.
4. Add batter quickly so butter doent burn. Add semi-thick batter in pan and only let batter run so there is about 1 inch of space left on the edge.(This space will fill with batter when you close the cover)
5. Temperature gauge should stay near the middle at all times.
6. Do not open the pan to check the batter waffle color or your crispy waffle will turn soft
7. Let waffle cook on first side until the steam that comes out from the side slows down to about half of the amount of steam that came out when battle was first put in. (Should be about 2 minutes)
8. Turn waffle pan over and DON’T open the pan.(you haven’t opened the pan once to look)
9. Let cook until steam reduces (Takes about 2 minutes)
10. Keep an eye on the temp gauge
11.Remember the first waffle always takes longer to cook than the second and third waffle.
12. If you have the urge to open the pan. Open the cover slowly. If it doesn’t open up easily then it is still rare and wait one minute to open. If you need to look, you should only open the pan after you turned it over. Once you open the pan, leave it open. If you close it the cripy top will turn soft.
13. Remember trial and error
Mar 16, 2008 |
Nordic Ware 15040 Belgian Waffle Maker