Question about Sylvania 6419TC 19" TV
My remote won't work and i can't change my tv to game mode. is there a way to do it without the remote?
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have the same TV & problem.
The problem is Not with the remote but with the remote receiving circuit in the TV. The remote works once in a while.
Anyone have the TV schematic diagram?
Posted on Apr 28, 2008
Go to Radio Shack and get an universal remote control, i have a Phillips Universal for mine. it has a tv/vcr button that also is an "input" button to switch channels to do this.
Posted on Sep 13, 2008
just go to channel setup and add/delete channel, it should exit the game mode. then do nothing unti the add/delete option exits the bottom of the screen.
Posted on Sep 14, 2008
I had to use a dishnetwork remote that I had lying around. You also may able to program a direct tv remote, replaytv remote or universal remote. I have found that putting it into 'game mode' does not work. You will not be able to change the input without a remote.
Here are the instructions for the dishnetwork remote I was using (may differ slightly from yours):
Sylvania Television codes: 733, 506, 525, 536, 566, 568, 569, 573, 600, 610, 652, 654, 656, 659, 660, 664, 665, 666, 671, 672, 674, 677, 723, 724, 729
1. Verify the remote is a DISH Network remote. Look for the DISH Network logo on the bottom of the remote and Mode buttons or lights at the top. Why?
We have the codes for all DISH Network remotes and would be happy to help you with your DISH Network manufactured remote. Please contact the manufacturer of your remote for further assistance. Detailed instructions may be included in the owners' manual that came with your equipment. If not, there may be a toll-free technical support number listed.
2. Look up the Code(s) for the piece of equipment you are trying to address. If the equipment is not listed or a Power Scan is desired click here.
3. Press and hold the correct Mode button (about six seconds) until all mode button backlights come on, then release.
4. Use the number buttons to enter the three digit number (four digit for AUX mode) corresponding to the equipment. The light will blink off after each digit is entered and then return to a steady light.
5. Press the POUND (#) button. If the code entered is valid for the remote, the mode light flashes three times.
6. To verify the code works, press the mode button. Then try several different functions for that equipment. Some codes may provide partial function, or respond differently than the button's titled function. Try the other codes listed for that device until you find one that offers more complete functionality.
7. Store the remote code for future use.
8. If the remote still does not operate the device, perform the Power Scan. If still no operation, it may not be compatible with that piece of equipment.
Posted on Jul 30, 2009
is there a TV/Video or menu button on the front of the tv? if so try the tv/video button, that should scroll through the the components you have on your tv. dvd, game cable etc. If no tv/video, hit the menu button and then use either channel up/down or volume up/down to scroll through your component options.
Posted on Dec 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 23, 2013 | Televison & Video
Dec 06, 2010 | Sylvania 6427FF TV
Jan 25, 2010 | Panasonic PV-C1351W 13 in. Combo
Jan 02, 2010 | Sylvania 6427TE 27" TV
Dec 27, 2009 | Sylvania 6427TE 27" TV
Mar 26, 2008 | Sylvania 6413TC 13" TV
Mar 03, 2008 | Emerson SpongeBob SquarePants TV
Sep 02, 2007 | Sanyo DS31520 31" TV
444 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!