Question about Washing Machines
Please turn off your washer and unplug it from the power socket for 30minutes. After this check if the error is still there. If the error comes again then to remove the error you’ll need to enter the diagnostic mode—
The diagnostic test is performed by using the Program Knob. To START THE TEST:
On non-digital display models, turn the Program Knob to start position, Drain/Spin.
On digital display models, turn the Program Knob to start position, Touch Up. (NOTE: If the model has a timer dial that can be rotated 360 degree, turn the Program Knob to start position, Drain/Spin.
Press Pause Cancel to turn off LEDs.
Within 5 seconds, press and hold the Option and Pause Cancel buttons until LEDs start sequentially chasing, then release buttons.
1. All the LEDs will sequentially light. Pressing a button below a light cluster will light all the LEDs in that cluster at one time to confirm functionality.
2. Turn the program knob (1) click clockwise from the start position. The hot water solenoid will activate and hot water should enter through the detergent compartment.
3. Turn the program knob (2) clicks from the start position. The bleach water solenoid will activate and cold water should enter through the bleach compartment.
4. Turn the program knob (3) clicks from the start position. The bleach and the wash water solenoids will activate and cold water should enter through the softener compartment.
5. Turn the program knob (4) clicks from the start position. The door lock solenoid will activate.
6. Turn the program knob (5) clicks from the start position. The door lock solenoid will deactivate and the loading door can be opened.
7. Turn the program knob (6) clicks from the start position. The washer will fill and tumble.
8. Turn the program knob (7) clicks from the start position. The washer will fill and spin (leakage test).
9. Turn the program knob (8) clicks from the start position. The drain pump and door lock solenoid will activate and the washer will operate in high spin. SAFETY WARNING: If power is removed during this test, the door can be opened. To prevent injury, DO NOT put your hands inside when the tub is rotating.
10. Turn the program knob (9) clicks from the start position. The control will signal the last error code.
Exiting Diagnostic Mode
There are two options for exiting the Diagnostic Test mode and returning the washer to normal operation:
a) Unplug the power cord, wait 5-8 seconds, then reconnect the power cord OR
b) Turn the program knob clockwise 2 or 3 clicks after the Start Position. Press Options and Pause Cancel buttons together for a few seconds until wash cycle LEDs appear. If a situation arises where you cannot exit the Diagnostic mode as described above and the bank of 5 LED�s on the right end remain ON regardless of Program Knob position, a combination of pushed buttons may have caused the control to enter a special factory test mode. Disconnect power to reset the control to return washer to normal operation is this occurs.
To clear latest stored error code:
Please do accept this solution and revert for further assistance.
Posted on Jun 14, 2009
Your timer/controller board has failed.
To unlock manually - remove the bottom kickplate with 2 torx bits.
Reach up toward the locking mechanism - and locate a teardropped shaped tab.
Pull straight down.
If you use the "Continue With This Expert" option and reply with your exact make/model # I can assist you further with replacement parts & troubleshooting.
Thanks for using FixYa!!!
Posted on Jun 14, 2009
Many washing machines have multiple-speed drive motors. Though it's uncommon, the drive motor may work fine on one speed but not on another. If the drive motor has failed on one speed, you need to replace the entire motor.
Posted on Jun 14, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Hello Mary Fortner - It means that the washer has been paused; the cycle has been interrupted. Either the "Pause/Cancel" button or "Start/Pause" button has been pressed. To resume wash - press "Pause/Cancel" or "Start/Pause" once. If this does not prove to be successful please turn the breaker to the unit off for 5 minutes. Then turn the breaker back on to the unit, and retry the cycle setting again.
Dec 11, 2012 | Frigidaire Affinity ATF7000E Front Load...
Jan 19, 2011 | Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
Here is a tip about how to clean your washer
How to have a Clean Washer
Nov 11, 2010 | Frigidaire FTF530FS Front Load Washer
Jan 05, 2018 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Feb 07, 2010 | Washing Machines
Jun 19, 2009 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Jan 05, 2009 | GE Profile WPRE6100G Top Load Washer
Dec 24, 2008 | Kenmore 24902 Top Load Washer
148 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!