Question about Apple iPhone 3GS Black (16 GB)
Not switching on after an upgrade to IOS6 just flicking the apple
HI, have you tried plugging it into itunes and restoring it?
If that doesn't work then try putting it into dfu mode.
Plug the phone to the computer with itunes open.
Hold the on/off button and the home button at the same time for 10 seconds. Itunes should pick up on the phone entering into recovery mode and you should be able to restore it from there.
I hope that this works for you
Posted on Apr 28, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Yes, they have been having problems with things like this. Some have reportedly exploded. Better safe the Sorry!
Posted on Aug 27, 2009
SOURCE: iphone 3gs switched off
put it in dfu mode by pressing power and home at same time, once off, hold home button down and connect to computer and it will make you restore, that is the only way if you having problems, hope this helps, if you want to trade for my 3g jailbroken already and 3.0 is installed, if you upgraded to 3.1 you might not be able to jailbreak anymore thats what the word is right now anyways, my email is email@example.com
Posted on Sep 13, 2009
Sometimes the iPhone can lockup and stop working or just show the
Apple symbol and not do anything else. But panic not, normally an app
has caused the phone to crash and it needs to be restarted.
Here’s how you do it:
Sometimes just pressing and holding the home button for about 5 seconds, can help. But if not try this:
Press and hold the iPhone’s Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for several seconds, or until you see the apple logo on the screen.
If you still have no success with the reset the only other option is to do a restore using iTunes. This will wipe you iPhone bust should get wit working again.
Posted on Dec 19, 2009
SOURCE: My iphone 3GS is stuck
This is not a good sign and one of the most common causes with this device. I could tell you a series of troubleshoot.If that would not work, device needs to be send for repair.
Have you tried a hard reset? Hold the Home and Sleep buttons together for 10-15 seconds, until you see the Apple logo come up on the screen. You may need to do this while the phone is plugged into it's charger or a computer, so that it has power.
Usually If it's stuck at that screen, and holding the buttons together for 10-15 seconds didn't help, then there's a hardware issue, and it will need to be replaced.
However, try few more steps
1. Connect to iTunes via USB. Do not disconnect for rest of these steps. iTunes may appear frozen or stuck with spinning beachball....this is okay, do not Force Quit iTunes. I tried a few times w/o it being connected to iTunes and it doesn't work.
2. Once connected, hold Home + Power until screen blinks then Apple logo comes back up.
3. Wait until Apple logo dims slightly (~5 minutes or less). Do NOT reboot until the apple logo dims.
4. Hold Home + Power again until it reboots and Apple logo comes back up.
5. After 2 min or so, the phone may vibrate once or twice. Continue waiting for the full 5 min until Apple logo dims slightly. iTunes at this stage MAY recognize the phone...do not sync or do anything in iTunes.
6. Hold Home + Power for the 3rd time until it reboots. Phone may vibrate again after 2 minutes or so. Eventually you'll break into your Home screen.
1. Remove Sim Card
2. Hold in 'Home' button and 'On/Off' button together until Apple logo appears
3. Replace Sim Card
4. Hold in 'Home' button and 'On/Off' button together until normal phone screen appears.
Disconnect you phone from your pc leaving the wire connected to your phone not your pc.
hold sleep wake button + home button until your screen goes blank...
let go of sleep wake button and continue to hold home while plugging back into pc... should take about 15-30sec and itunes will see your phone in restore mode
IF THIS NOT WORKING
Try rebooting you phone by plugging it into the charger & turn wall socket on
If that also does not work then you need to take it the apple store.. They will replace it or service it.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on May 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2015 | Apple Iphone 3GS - 8 GB GSM UNLOCKED...
Mar 21, 2014 | Apple iPhone 3GS Black (16 GB)
Mar 15, 2013 | Apple Iphone 2g 3g 3gs 8gb 16gb S
Dec 01, 2012 | Apple iPhone 3GS Black (16 GB)
Oct 21, 2012 | Apple iPhone 3G
Oct 08, 2012 | Apple iPhone 3GS Black (16 GB)
Dec 18, 2010 | Apple iPhone 3GS Black (16 GB)
68 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!