Question about Brother MFC-440CN InkJet Printer
Will not print
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Error message 50
Confirm Success on a 440CN
1) Remove Plastic wire covers from inside printers, and release plastic stay on lower edge, tilt cover to 90 Degrees
2) make a note of where each connector goes
3) release the Ribbon and 3 Multicore cables, removing grounding screw, then remove scanner module by sliding it off the hinges at 90 degrees.
4) Remove Three Front Panel Screws, carefully leaver front panel upwards releasing front side clips.
5) Remove front panel by disconnecting ribbon and wireing on both sides.
6) Remove 6 Screws (2 on back, three at front and one middle right
7) Carefully remove speaker cable (Red Connector) and lift up plastic casing, leaving printer uncovered.
8) Re-Seat Encoder Strip into guide. (The Transparent strip)
9) Re-assemble in reverse and Hey Presto.
All Cured. Hopefully!
Posted on Aug 04, 2008
SOURCE: error 46 in brother mfc-440cn
Machine Error 46 ("Unable to Clean") indicates that the wasteink is full. Basicly it gives you two options - have it replaced (a semi-complicated performance which requires buying a spare part and change it yourself) or have it sent to service. If you do not have any warranty on the machine, the more suitable would probably be to just replace the machine instead, since it's relatively cheap compared to both service costs and having the wasteink replaced, but you instead get a full new warranty on your new machine.
Unfortunately, there's nothing you yourself can do to remove this error, without actually changing an item inside the machine.
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
SOURCE: machine error 46
Here is the answer to the Machine Error 46 (have just fixed my own MFC210C):
Machine Error 46 – Purged Ink Box Full MFC620CN/420CN/410CN/210C and FAX2440C
The machine counts all purge (cleaning) operations in order to prevent the internal ink absorber box from overflowing with purged ink. An “initial purge”, for example, advances the purge counter by 187 + 420 = 607. When the purge counter approaches 6400, an internal "Machine Error 46" is generated. Further purge operations are prohibited, and therefore the printer becomes unuseable.
When an internal Machine Error 46 is generated, the user will see an “Unable to Clean” external message and will be unable to use the printer. The “Unable to Clean” external message can relate to many different internal error codes however.
The user can establish the internal Machine Error Code as follows: pull the mains cable out of the machine (power off), hold down the Menu/Set key, re-insert the mains cable into the machine (power on). The internal Machine Error Code will be displayed.
If there is a Machine Error 46, it is necessary to dismantle the printer, replace the ink absorber box (or possibly break the ink absorber box open and clean its absorbent sponges under a tap), re-assemble the printer and reset the purge counter to zero.
Resetting purge counter MFC620CN/420CN/410CN/210C and FAX2440C
1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC210C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
Carry on printing !!
Posted on Jul 08, 2009
Go to system/computer control panel, select "scanners and cameras". you should see your brother system in there (if u were able to print to it but not scan). Right click on it, select properties, and select "Network Properties" Tab. Choose select "specify your machine by address" rather by "by name". Most home/home office users dont have a local domain server at home, so even though your printer was named, it cannot be located by tcp-ip using the name, but rather by ipaddress. This solves the issue.
Posted on Mar 07, 2010
The service manual says it could possibly be a bad Main Board or a power supply problem, but it always turns out to be a broken printhead. If it's under warranty (one year) get to an authorized service center and Brother will cover all the costs except your time and gas. If it's just past warranty, call Brother's customer support and beg. Sometimes they issue work orders for warranty service on machines that are past their warranty.
If it's out of warranty, I'd recommend giving up on it. The parts are expensive, it's time-consuming (expensive), and you can buy a replacement machine pretty cheaply. www.BrotherMall.com lists refurbished, more advanced machines for $90.
Posted on Sep 20, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 15, 2011 | Brother MFC-440CN InkJet Printer
Jun 04, 2009 | Brother MultiFunction Center MFC-440CN...
Oct 15, 2007 | Office Equipment & Supplies
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: