Question about Danby DPAC8020 Air Conditioner

1 Answer

External vent I want to cut a hole for a vent to the outside. I have the indoor piece but how to get a pipe/vent cover for the outside?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 867 Answers

The cheapest way is to buy a dryer duct and fute,(under 10$for both)from any hardware store, then place it on a piece of plywood to fit onto a window openning(no dammage), or cut a hole in a door or through a wall

Posted on Jun 14, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Hole in wall

The hole was probably put there for a dyrer vent, which is very important to have. They allow heated moisture vapor to be expelled outside and helps keep excess moisture out ot the home. If this is the case, any home improvement outlet will have the stationary wall plates and the outside flap mechanism. The flap shuts when not in use and keeps outside elements out of your dryer......including critters. If your dryer is vented already, just cover the inside of the old hole with a piece of panelling, insulate the hole space, and attach a metal cover over the outside of the hloe. Make sure you seal the outside with caulk or another sealer.

Sep 07, 2014 | Dryers

1 Answer

How do I put a 90 degree elbow on the outlet pipe for a DLG0452W. I want it to exit at the prepunched factory left side exit.

you can do it either by cutting down the pipe inside the dryer,stick an elbow on the inside and run your pipe off of the elbow or cut the pipe and attach flexable vent line to the pipe and run that out of the dryer,or if you want to keep the pipe in case you change the dryer around in the future,remove the pipe from the blower wheel housing,buy another piece of hard pipe,cut it down and install it where the other pipe was,stick an elbow on it and either run hard pipe or flex line,use either hose clamps or the silver high heat tape to connect pipe,don't use duct tape it drys out and falls apart.hope this helps,it's kind of basic,just cut the pipe there or use another piece of pipe,cut it so when you put the elbow on it it will line up with the hole in the side.

Oct 08, 2013 | LG DLG0452W Gas Dryer

2 Answers

I bought a DeLonghi PACC120E portable a/c with no manual. Also, how do I vent it? It did not come with the vent.

All units of that sort come with a hose which goes on the back or the side, if you don't have this unit is useless

Sep 01, 2011 | DeLonghi PAC C120 Portable Air Conditioner

1 Answer

How should the dryer vent be in stalled they have taped it and it falls off the vent is the same size and the housing under the dryer shouldn't they dryer vent piping be a little larger so that is goes...

if its a solid piece you can take a set of sheet metal snips and cut some 3/4 to 1 inch slices down the tube end and continue around the pipe at about 1 inch intervals, this will allow you to ease the pipe over the venting from the dryer and also over the vent cap leading to the outside, then use metal tape ( not screws, they tend to grab lint on its way out ) to cover the splices, I always use a 4" hose clamp on mine to ensure they stay on and in place

Jul 06, 2011 | Dryers

2 Answers

Just purchased the above dryer. There is NO Power in the machine. Have checked the electrical cords and power right to the machine than nothing.

  • Measure the amount of distance between your dryer and your venting exit point. This is how many feet of duct to buy. Note how many turns the duct will need to make, and purchase that number of 90-degree fittings. Remember that your venting exit point must be at least 1 foot above ground level, and that your path shouldn't be longer than 25 feet, with 5 feet subtracted for every 90-degree turn.
  • Drill a hole through the wall in the area you'll install the vent. This step is to test for obstructions. Look for the hole outside, and check for obstructions there, too.
  • Bore a 4¼-inch diameter hole into your designated and tested venting exit point, using your bi-metal hole saw on your drill. Start the hole outside of the house. Brace the drill against your leg to help keep it steady, and pull it out frequently to avoid overheating the tool.
  • Install your vent's cap by screwing it over the hole you just drilled. Caulk around any gaps.
  • Cut away excess length from a straight section of duct using your tin snips. Construct the entire length of your duct by snapping the seams together. Start at the dryer. Attach one end of your duct work to your dryer's exhaust point, which is at the back of the dryer. The pieces should fit together snugly.
  • cover the seams between your 90-degree fittings and your straight lengths with metal foil tape. Connect the last piece of metal duct to the cap you installed earlier. Every 5 feet, attach the metal duct work to the wall using metal pipe straps and screws.
  • Plug in your dryer and turn it on to test your work.

  • Dec 20, 2010 | Dryers

    1 Answer

    Drilled a small hole in a pipe while instilling a new basin

    Depends what type pipe. If a drain or vent in pllastic, you can probably patch by gluing a patch made by cutting a piece of a coupling and using ABS glue.

    If it is a pressure line, the only cure is to cut the damaged section and put in a spice. Almost any patch attempted will fail.

    Nov 24, 2009 | Dynamic Home

    1 Answer

    Birds in flu

    Buy a small piece of chicken wire.
    One additional piece of PVC pipe, and a coupling.

    Cut the chicken wire the exact size of the outside diamiter of the pipe, place it on the end of the pipe and install the coupling over it.

    The chicken wire "screen" will be help in place by the pipe wall, the internal ring on the coupling, and the PVC glue. Cut the pipe to the length you need and install it on the intake pipe outside the wall.

    Oct 06, 2009 | Weather King 10AJA4801AH Air Conditioner

    1 Answer

    GE Advantium 120 Speedcook Oven


    May 29, 2009 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven

    1 Answer

    Venting of Bosch 2400es in the basement

    Yep they make gas pipe for that .Lowes should have it.

    Mar 09, 2009 | Bosch 2400ES LP AquaStar 6.4 GPM Indoor...

    1 Answer

    Kitchen hood

    Yes you can , usually they got hole on top too , just make sure when its done that the air is going out and it will be fine . I

    Aug 22, 2007 | Whirlpool (RH3736XLS) Kitchen Hood

    Not finding what you are looking for?
    Danby DPAC8020 Air Conditioner Logo

    Related Topics:

    82 people viewed this question

    Ask a Question

    Usually answered in minutes!

    Top Danby Heating & Cooling Experts


    Level 1 Expert

    39 Answers


    Level 2 Expert

    69 Answers

    Dennis Boxerman

    Level 3 Expert

    1266 Answers

    Are you a Danby Heating and Cooling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

    Answer questions

    Manuals & User Guides