Question about Philips 19PFL3403D/27 19 in. LCD TV

2 Answers

I cannot find the place to connect power cord into the flat screen. I searched the book on line to go with the model number Philips 42pfl3603d/27 and it wasn't specific. The place where it showed is not where it's at on this one. The T.V. is on the wall already but I really don't think it's in the back at all. Secret little place you need to open? I have lost the power cord, the T.V. had belonged to my mom and so am not sure even which type of power cord I am looking for until I see where it goes.. Such a simple problem but very frustrating as without the answer, I have no T.V.! Thanks for anyone who can give me an answer. Sandeshells at aol dot com.

Posted by on

  • sandy shell
    sandy shell Mar 20, 2014

    I at least know I have the cord, but still can't locate where it plugs in > I am still looking... thanks Nathan



2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that has over 10 points.

    Welcome Back:

    Visited the website for 2 consecutive days.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 7 Answers

I've never had this TV but from what I can find on the internet the power connector is either at mid bottom or mid top of the backside. As for the cable it should be shaped like an 8 with one half more box shape. My TV's power connecter is on the very bottom. Wish I could help you more, but without seeing this model this is all I am able to say. Good Luck.

Posted on Mar 20, 2014

  • sandy shell
    sandy shell Mar 20, 2014

    Thanks Nathan, I now know I have found the cord that fits > still haven't figured out where it plugs in but am still looking.


  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Philips Master
  • 3,320 Answers

The power connector is not a regular type. It is a special design keyed to work with this TV.
If you lost the cord you need to buy a specific cord from Phillips.
And the connector on the set is exactly where the manual says it is.

Posted on Mar 20, 2014

Testimonial: "The manuual says that it could be several places depending on what type you have."

  • 5 more comments 
  • sandy shell
    sandy shell Mar 20, 2014

    It doesn't clarify

  •  Mike M
    Mike M Mar 20, 2014

    There is a large bracket on the back to support the base. Looking from the back it is above the bracket's left side.

  • sandy shell
    sandy shell Mar 20, 2014

    Thanks so much... it looks as if I am going to have to wait till my son comes over to take it off the wall. The bracket that holds it to the wall is keeping it impossible for me to see where it's located but it must be in the back. Thanks everyone for your help but this lady can't move the t.v without the help. I appreciate all your speedy answers.

  •  Mike M
    Mike M Mar 20, 2014

    I'll be right over to help. LOL

  • sandy shell
    sandy shell Mar 20, 2014

    How sweet but good news > i felt my way and got it > the brace that held the t.v slid from side to side and it made it possible for me to actually feel it > so I plugged it in and it works.. thanks everyone > everyone helped. God bless

  • sandy shell
    sandy shell Mar 20, 2014

    Turned out to be mid bottom > woo hoo

  • Nathan
    Nathan Mar 21, 2014

    Great..glad to hear you found it



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a Philips 42" TV mod 42PFL3603D/27 serial;YA1C0824019426 Does not turn on any more the red light at the bottom of the set does not come on either

check for bulging capacitors on the power supply board. you will have to remove the back cover from the television set to get a good look at the power board. If you do notice swollen capacitors, desolder the bad ones out and solder new ones in.

Sep 19, 2016 | Philips 42PFL3603D/27 42 in. LCD TV

1 Answer

Blue screen on Philips 42pfl3603d/f7

same result with all inputs? check all your input cables & connections

Nov 29, 2013 | Philips 42PFL3603D/27 42 in. LCD TV

3 Answers

Need to find out a part # for my philips 52PFL7403/f7 for the ir sensor

Join Date: Nov 2011 I have a Philips 47PFL3603D/F7 with the same problem. It was the IR sensor board causing the problem. You can search online to find the board, which almost everyone will most likely not have in stock, and cant be ordered. The part you need is this: 313926859181 IR Remote Sensor.

Models it will fit are as follows: Substitute Parts 313926859182
Known Models

If you can find the board, great! A replacement board costs about $12.00. If you can't... we'll there is something you can try ; )

Either way, if you know it's the board, what's the harm in trying?

Remove the back from the TV. You can actually leave it on your stand to do this if you can spin it around to gain access to the back of it. Be sure to unplug everything first!!!

Looking at the back of the tv, the board will be located in the lower left side by the speaker. It will have 2 cables attached to it. Remove them, and take out the screw or two that holds it in place. There will be a plastic tab that keeps it in place also.

Take your fingernail and bend the tab back, and the board should come free. After that you should be holding the board in your hands. The side of the board with the connectors on it is the side you want to manipulate. There will be a tiny surface mounted capacitor beside one of the wire connection sockets. Take a utility knife and scrape it off/ you could use a soldering iron but it should come off very easy with a knife.

Plug it back in, and give it a try! If it works... great! If not, find a replacement board, and try that.

Hope it helps someone!!!! quote.gif

May 30, 2011 | Philips 52PFL7403D 52 in. LCD HDTV

1 Answer

I have a philips flat panel lcd model#42PFL36030/27 I have a vertical yellow line that is near the left side of the screen. The TV is only 2 years old. What could this be and what can I do to fix this...

This problems are alway the causes by the T-CON decoders board that sit at the bottom wright in middle of the LCD screen panel.Tries websites like, to a refurbish T-CON decorders board for the replacement.

Nov 20, 2010 | Philips 42PFL3603D 42 in. LCD TV

1 Answer

Error message on my LCD

download proper firmware for your model from philips website and complete firmware upgrade. That should solve your problem.

Dec 03, 2009 | Philips 42PFL3603D/27 42 in. LCD TV

1 Answer

42PFL3603D/27 TV was dropped or hit and broke the tv screen upper righ corner. Tv works, has spiderweb look on screen

can't be fixed becase the entire panel is broken. it is cheaper to replace, because wit labor, parts, ect it would be to expensive

Jan 22, 2009 | Philips 42PFL3603D/27 42 in. LCD TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
Philips 19PFL3403D/27 19 in. LCD TV Logo

92 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Philips Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75304 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1216 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Are you a Philips Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides