Question about Belkin Surf N300 Wireless N Router
I've had this router for a year or so. six months ago, I've changed my internet plan for another, meaning thar the router wasn't used for like a month. the technician came and installed the company's own modem. well, that's when things became weird. the ethernet cable that connects the modem to the router is plugged into the 'wired 1' plug, instead of the 'modem' plug that it should be. this way, only computers and my brother's iPhone get the internet connection. other devices only connect to the router, but can't get internet access. I tried to put the ethernet cable into the 'modem' plug, but that way I only got connection to the router and lost all internet access, even for computers and the iPhone. and in all situations, the amber light doesn't stop blinking. what should I do? I've already read the manual, searched the internet and couldn't find any information or 'tutorial' that could help me. hope you guys can, thanks
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: no internet connection
I received this solution from Belkin. It worked for me & I hope it does for you. Good luck!
Please follow the details given below:
1. Please contact your internet service provider to know the connection type details (Is it PPPOA,PPPOE, Dynamic or static)
2. Belkin router F5D8633 ADSL router works only with ADSL broadband connection and does not support Cable broadband connection.
3. Do not use the Setup CD Assistant; reset the unit and configure it manually. Make sure to set the correct VPI/VCI values in the process as the default settings may not be correct.
4. When using PPPoA, always use VcMux encapsulation, when using PPPoE, always use LLC encapsulation. Keep the VPI and VCI as 0/38.
5. Please follow the instructions given below to configure the router manually:
- Connect the phone line direct to the router, or through the filter.
- Connect the computer to one of the LAN ports on the router.
- Switch off the router and power it back after 5 seconds.
- Restore the router to factory defaults by holding down the reset button on the back of the router.
- The power light will flash and then come back ON solid, indicating that the router is being restored to factory defaults.
- The corresponding lights on the router should be lit-up.
- Check if the computer has an IP address in the range of 192.168.2.x
- Click on `start` & click `Run`.
- Type in `cmd` & click `ok`.
- Type `ipconfig` and Enter. Check for IP address, subnet mask & Default Gateway.
- If not, specify a static IP address, gateway and DNS by following the steps at http://web.belkin.com/support/kb/kb.asp?a=2824
Then follow the below instructions to reset IE.
-Open Internet Explorer
-Click on Tools -> Internet Options
-In the General tab, click on Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files
-Click on Clear History
-In the Connections tab, select Never Dial A Connection and click on LAN settings
-Uncheck all the options and click on OK
-In the Advanced tab, click on Restore Defaults
-Click on Apply and then OK.
- Open a new Internet Explorer window and on the address bar please type in http://192.168.2.1 and click on go.
- You should be able to access the routers set up page.
- By default the password is blank.
- Click on Connection Type and Reconfigure the connection on the router (using your ISP details).
- Save the Changes.
Note: Please obtain the correct values regarding the Internet connection from your Internet Service Provider.
Internet Status should show Connected on the top right hand corner of the web page.
If the problem persists, please get back to us with the following information given below:
1. Type of connection provided by the ISP (Is it PPPOA,PPPOE, Dynamic or static)
2. The ADSL light status on the router. Please let us know if the ADSL light status on the router is solid or flashing.
3. ADSL broadband connection or Cable broadband connection.
4. Operating system on the computer and the version number for the internet explorer like IE 6 or IE 7.
5. Internet Status shows as Connected or Disconnected on the top right hand corner of the router web page.
Log on to the router web interface at http://192.168.2.1
- By default, the password is blank.
- Click on Security log under "Firewall" option (let us know the message you see under the security log or send us the screen short of the message you see under the security log)
6. Then, check the IP address of the computer. For checking the IP address:
- Click on start & click `Run`.
- Type in cmd & click `ok`.
- Type IPCONFIG and Enter. Check for IP address, subnet mask & Default gateway.
- The IP address should be in the range of 192.168.2.x (x=2 to 254)
- In the command prompt type PING 192.168.2.1 & Enter. Check if you are getting replies.
- Type, PING 188.8.131.52 & press Enter. Check if you are getting replies.
- Try pinging yahoo by typing PING yahoo.com and Enter. Check if you are getting replies.
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
that means there is usually a problem with your modem. you know how to hook up a router, right? usually you unplug power from both devices, plug in your modem and let it load, then plug in your router. (with some isp's id will work the other way around.
Posted on May 10, 2009
Hi, Here is your solution.
Please ensure the proper physical connection from modem to router and to the computer as mentioned on the box and make your all lights are on modem.After that turn on the router,if your have a cable modem, you can very well go for a hard reset,that it is at the back of your router you would see a reset button which is a button inside a hole. Please hold the button for 20 secs with power on router and 20 seconds without power continuously for 3mins (remember to hold the reset button through out 3 mins while plugin and plugout the power cord of the router and use pin or pen to hold the button). After this check out the lights on your router, lan light, internet ,power and modem should be solid.Else you can call the customer service number on the product box, they will assit you very well,ITS A TOLL FREE NUMBER.
Posted on Sep 23, 2009
Please update the Firmware of the Router from the below website
Before Downloading the Fireware from the website,plese take the Model number and the Version number of your router.This can be taken from your router at the backside,
If you have any clarification please be feel free to contact us
Posted on May 14, 2010
SOURCE: i have successfully installed a
here is the manual http://cache-www.belkin.com/support/dl/8820ed00372_f7d2301_v1_uk.pdf
look up under your wireless security as it isnt set up right either in the router or on your computer.
look at page 8 to 13 of the PDF and follow the set up again. you will need the wire plugged in while doing this process but afterwords you can go wireless after a reboot.
Posted on Apr 30, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 26, 2014 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless Router...
Nov 26, 2012 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless Router...
Oct 26, 2012 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless N Router
Aug 10, 2012 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless Router...
May 22, 2012 | Belkin N150 Enhanced Wireless Router...
Nov 05, 2011 | Belkin (F5D8235-4) Wireless Router
Sep 07, 2011 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless N Router
Jan 30, 2011 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless Router...
Dec 12, 2010 | Belkin Surf N300 Wireless Router...
Jul 26, 2010 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
173 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: