Question about Ricoh Office Equipment & Supplies
We have a Ricoh MP 3353 printer which is a bit more than a month old. the first issue we had was faded prints on one side of the pages but that was resolved. During this issue an engineer was being quite heavy handed with the unit. ever since this we've had 6 engineers come and look at a new issue which is that once in a while we get two creases along the left side of the print outs. Engineers have exhausted all possible solutions: "fixing springs in the fusing unit", testing the trays, changing the tray and driver settings to middle thick, taking everything apart and looking for faults, changing the pressure of the rollers, decreasing pressure on the side door which holds on to pages, we have even put in new paper because an engineer has said that the paper may already have had the creases. please can someone suggest any solutions or causes.
Simple, get it replaced as it is obviously faulty and the "engineers" can't fix it. Go back to your supplier and if you paid by card, claim your money back, if they won't help, as it is faulty.
Posted on Mar 19, 2014
Testimonial: "this is a company printer and the engineer has advised that it wont be swapped out for "minor" faults"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This type of printing defect is normally caused by 1 of a few problems - the easier one first:
1. Toner cartridges sometimes do not have the toner evenly distributed - close the toner cartridge and inspect the hopper right below it for even distribution of toner.
The harder ones:
2. This type of defect can also be caused by dirty charging section - for the drum to pick up the toner it must be charged electrically prior to exposure - if the charge grid is not clean then it will not give the drum an even charge - not sure were this is in this printer yet - looks like it comes as part of the drum kit so this should not be causing this issue.
3. The last and most difficult to check is paper alignment with the drum - is the paper contacting the drum evenly - look for possible problems in the paper path with the drum unit removed - look for something uneven around the area were the paper contacts the drum
Posted on Apr 12, 2008
SOURCE: hp laserjet 8100 8150 13.1.42
hp printers typically do not have an error message to cover every known condition, thus if the printer needs maintenance in an undefined area, it will invariably indicate a paper jam. The printer usually responds to the installation of a maintenance kit which will include transfer roller, pickup rollers, and fuser.
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
SOURCE: HP 6180 Printing Problems
Are you getting the paper mismatch error message?
If yes, see below...
I will ignore the normal solutions to a "paper mismatch" error such as your settings not matching your printing media. Obviously, check these first:
If your problem is not solved with the above steps, you have an issue with your "spot sensor" and it needs to be calibrated. Instructions:
1. Press * and # at the same time, and then release both keys.
The display reads "Enter Special Key Combo".
2. Press 3, 2, and then 9, releasing each key before pressing the next.
The display window should read "Service: R0622M" with a revision number.
3. Press the right arrow button once.
The display should read "System Configuration".
4. Press Enter or OK.
5. You will be prompted to enter serial number. Do not enter any information
on the unit.
Press the right arrow button until "media sense calibration" appears in the
6. Load Paper into the unit and then press Enter or OK.
7. Media Sense Calibration process will take place.
Posted on May 04, 2009
From the start menue to printers and faxes go to your printer right click and select properties label the 4 drawers as to paper type and select continue, or auto continue to off.
-Carl, please let me know if this helps.
Posted on Jun 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 21, 2014 | Ricoh Aficio MP C3501 Multifunction Color...
Oct 15, 2014 | Ricoh Aficio Mp C2550 Copier With Feed,...
Mar 09, 2011 | Ricoh Aficio MP 2000 Black and White...
May 13, 2010 | Ricoh Aficio AP610N Laser Printer
May 13, 2010 | Ricoh Aficio CL3500N Laser Printer
Nov 19, 2008 | Ricoh Aficio GX5050 GelSprinter InkJet
Mar 02, 2008 | Ricoh Aficio CL1000N Printer
Jan 17, 2008 | Ricoh Aficio SP-C210SF Printer
Nov 12, 2007 | Office Equipment & Supplies
77 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!