1. Unplug dryer.
2. Remove 2 screws from rear top of dryer.
3. Lift panel assembly up, taking care to not pull wires.
4. Check plugs on circuit board for panel display. Press each one firmly, but carefully.
5. Put back together, plug in, turn on.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There is a thermal fuse located in the control panel inside the door. It could be blown, but if so what caused it. they come with a retrofit pigtail to prevent loose connectins on the fuse. You may have a short somewhere in the dryer, and just blow the fuse again. Could be bad motor,fill valve, or heater, or even the control board. I'd try one fuse first.
Sounds like the control panel may be dead. If you cannot get any lights
to come on at all on the front panel, its probably a goner. You can
check the voltage coming out of the control pc board via the schematic
inside the dryer panel. I have this same exact problem. I replaced the
control board 3 times because the panel seems fine if i plug it into an
external power supply but will not work when plugged into my dryer. I
have my jumpered and running off of a circuit breaker.
are you sure you have power to unit? first check for 240volts @dryer receptacle,then you could have either power wires or the neutral wire inside dryer burned off or broken, if it has an electronic control panel there is an electronic protection fuse to protect controls from surges
Front Panel lights not working? Dryer inside light does work? I fixed this twice already on my dryer. Please read this whole explanation
I live in New Orleans where the humidity is very high. I have a laundry room where my Washer and Dryer reside. Kenmore HE4T. I noticed that when I shut the laundry room door, my central A/C pulls hot air from outside the house via the dryer exhaust duct. This causes moisture to build on the inside of the dryer and especially the front control panel. Did you ever see moisture on your dryer?s door even when there were no clothes in it? The moisture collects on the Silicon board that controls the dyers function and basically causes a short.
This is what I do to fix it. You will need a ¼ nut driver or socket.
1. Confirm that you have power to the dryer <- is the inside dryer light on when you open the door. YES- keep reading.. NO ? find the circuit breaker and reset it.
2. UNPUG THE DRYER! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
3. Find the 3 screws in the back of the dryer that hold the dryer lid on. Unscrew them and slid the lid back and lift off. Is there moisture on the inside of the lid?
4. Find the 2 screws that hold down the front control panel. They should be silver and will be on top. Do not remove the inside gold screws.
5. Find the 3 screws that hold down the power control panel on the top left side of the dryer. Probably has a high voltage warning sticker on it.
6. Lift the power control panel (sheet metal) part and move it to the right so it lays on the dyers drum. There are some wires attached to it and unless you are a very handy person, I wouldn?t remove them.
7. Lift the front control panel straight up until it comes out of the dryer. There should be some wires that attach this piece to the power control panel. If you are handy, you can remove these 2 clip-on wires from the power control panel by squeezing the black connector locking clip and releasing it from the panel.
8. If you flip the control panel around you may notice moisture on the green silicon chips. Get a hairdryer and take your time to dry them.
9. Dry all components of the dryer with a hairdryer.
10. Put everything back together except for the lid and all the screws. Remember that the front control panel slides down first and then the power control panel sits on top second. Plug the dryer in and see if you get lights, but don?t start the dryer. Unplug the dryer and replace all the screws and the lid.
The problem is that once the dryer gets wet from the moisture, it never dries enough for it to start working again. This is a bad design from Sears/Whirlpool. I learn my lesson that just because its more expensive doesn?t make it more better.
I now keep my dryer and washer door open all the time even when there are no clothes in it. This lets the moisture escape into the house rather than collect in the dryer.
I hope this helps at least one person.
Jason Kennedy from New Orleans