- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
insert a CD/DVD copy of windows into your disk drive, then just follow the online screen guide.
You must first set your bios settings, the first boot should be the CD/DVD rom drive then your hard disk. Re-start your PC and press any key once it show during command prompt display.
Hope it helps..
OK get into system BIOS, prees DEL. F2, or whatever your key is. Set in the BIOS to Boot the DVD FIRST, Then insert you DVD, Boot off your Windows DVD, & install from, the DVD, go through the setup to where it asks you if you wish to FORMAT, choose FULL NTFS Format and let it complete, then proceed with the install, done.
1st Option: Go to BIOS level and select the CD/DVD device is the first device for boot option and then insert the recovery CD/DVD to format or install OS.
2nd Option: If recovery CD/DVD got curropted and you are having the other OS CD/DVD, then try to load and format or install the OS. Also try to download the recovery image from vendor website.
If you do not have the drivers for the devices that are installed on your laptop, then download from the IBM/Lenovo WEB site, make sure they are for your model laptop (eg. Video, audio, modem LAN etc.) before you format and reinstall Windows..
Follow these steps.
1. Boot up the laptop and press F12 function key to get a list of boot devices, select the CD drive.
2. Insert your Windows XP CD into the CD drive.
3. Press the space bar to start the bootup from CD
4. During the install process you delete the existing partition/s and create a new partition.
5. The next step is to format the partition - do a NTFS full format not a quick format
6. Follow the instructions to install windows.
7. After Windows completed the installation ,check on which device drivers didn't install and install these drivers.
You do not not need your motherboard CD to preform a format on your drive. Any windows CD. Win XP home, XP Pro, Win 2000 will format your hard drive. You can also use the hard drive's Mfg's utility disks & creat a bootable floppy disk or creat a bootable CDROM disk that will not only allow you to format the hard drive but also fun testing on the drive. You can even pick your cluster size & FAT file. Write down the name of your drive & model no#. Go to the Mfg's web site & download the utility software. Chances are Windows will have most of your boards drivers in it's data base. All you'll need to do is download from Gigabyte your missing drivers. You'll need you complete model no# & version no# if you can find it.