- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I had a similar problem with my Phillips 42 in. LCD HD TV.
Here's the problem. The Power Supply Board. I opened my TV
up(warranty was up of course) and found several bad capacitors.
Phillips and several other companies were sold capacitors that although
were highly rated failed within 5 years because of a lack of
preservatives. All sorts of electronic equipment is now being effected
due to these defective capacitors.
1. Take it in and have it fixed
2. Open it up, check the board for faulty capacitors(bulged or leaking) Buy a new Power supply board and install it.
3. Remove PSB, remove faulty capacitors and replace with compatible new ones.
The power regulators are famous for going bad. The big problem with this TV set is that unless you use the exact regulator from Toshiba, this set will fail time and time again. Even if the regulator IC has the exact same number, it will not hold up. We used to have a shop that was authorized by Toshiba, and we seen this problem many times when customers would say that they had their TV fixed by some local shop and the same problem occured several times. Good Luck