1. Make sure you are using the correct needle and thread for type of fabric and it is installed correctly. Make sure bobbin is threaded evenly.
2. Tread path - make sure the machine is correctly threaded. Then, with your finger, feel for burrs, nicks or roughness on any metal parts that contact the thread. Open the slide plate, remove the bobbin and inspect the bobbin case and hook. Remove the needle plate and examine the needle hole. Sand any rough areas with fine emery paper and blow away grit. If burrs or nicks remain on the needle, presser foot, needle plate or bobbin case, replace them with exact replacement parts, if they remain on the thread guides, take-up lever, bobbin hook or tension regulator, take the machine for professional service.
3. Loosen thread tension by adjusting tension dial.
4. Clean feed dog, bobbin case, and tension discs. Unplug the machine. Use a small, stiff brush to wipe dirt and lint off the machine head and the needle bar area. Raise the presser foot and the needle to the highest position, open slide plate and remove the bobbin and needle plate. brush away dirt and lint from the feed dogs and bobbin case and remove any tangled thread with your fingers. Use a soft cloth to clean between the tension disc on the tension regulator.
5. Also check tension on presser foot
Dec 31, 2007 |